Search for content in message boards

POOLE FAMILY CEMETERY

POOLE FAMILY CEMETERY

Posted: 14 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2003 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: POOLE, POOL, PETTIPOOL, PETTYPOOL
Does anyone have directions to the POOL/POOLE/PETTYPOOL Family Cemetery, Greenville Co. I know it's just off Enoree Church Rd from Hwy 25 North. Is that all that's needed for someone who lives in the area? Thanks

POOLE FAMILY CEMETERY

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: POOLE
Thanks for all the help. It was found.

Re: POOLE FAMILY CEMETERY

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2001 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Poole
Hi Judy, I am looking for the Poole Cemetery also. Can you give me directions. I will be in the area in August. Thanks.

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 3:45AM GMT
Surnames: Pettypool, Poole,Pool, Pace
Hi again, the Pool family cemetery is as follows is in Greenville Co just off Enoree Church Rd from Hwy 25 North. I have never been there but people there who have been say it's on private property and when I last heard it was overgrown. I'm not sure about the tombstones of Maiden, Seth, William and Annie Street Pool, (Seth's parents), but Demarcus' tombstone has been moved to Locust Hill Church cemetery in Travelers Rest, Greenville Co. (next to Mary, his wife). I'm not positive but we think his remains are still in the old family cemetery. If you have any more questions I'll try to get the answers. I and many others have lots on the Pettypool/Pool family. Judy

Elizabeth Peery (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2003 2:49PM GMT
We have just found an old cemetery on land some relatives purchased on Jackson Grove Rd, Travelers Rest, SC. The marked graves are of Sallie Pool and Young Pool who died in the mid 1800's

Randy Poole (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 2:36PM GMT
Would love some more info. These are in my family tree. Photos if possible would be great. Thanks
Randy Poole

Elizabeth Peery (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 4:34PM GMT
Since we discovered this cemetery, I have discovered that I have Pettypools in my family a few generations before the ones in this cemetery. Can you tell me the ancestors of Young Pettypool so I can see how they tie in? We were going over to see my brother-in-law (where cemetery is) today for some outside activities for the kids, but don't know if it's cancelled because of all the rain. But I will get some pictures soon, if not today. How far away do you live from the area?

Randy Poole (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 5:42PM GMT
At work now, but have info at home. My information goes back to William (The Tailor) Pettypool on by line. Will email you more info Later.
Thanks
Randy Poole

Pool Family Cemetery off Jackson Grove Rd.

Tim L. Cathcart (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2003 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: Pool
The following information is from the book: THE PRESENCE OF THE PAST - Epitaphs In Greenville Co., South Carolina
Sponsored by The Greenville County Historical Society and published in 1976.

POOL CEMETERY
On property owned by Malcolm Wood, off Jackson Grove Rd., across the road from Gilreath’s, down through a field and into the woods.

Young F. Pool (hand hewn stone) died 11-10-1843, age 78. On a machine cut stone, died Nov 19, 1843, age 77 years.

Sally F. ( or P. ), died Nov 4, 1852, age 77 yrs.

Note: Young Pool’s daughter married Simeon Styles. John L. Styles, who married Emily Jenkins, gave land for the Jackson Grove Methodist Church.

Contributed by Mrs. Russell Freeman, Route Three, Easley, S.C.

Date: 26 Nov 2003 2:49 PM GMT

We have just found an old cemetery on land some relatives purchased on Jackson Grove Rd, Travelers Rest, SC. The marked graves are of Sallie Pool and Young Pool who died in the mid 1800's

Posted: 6 Feb 2012 1:12AM GMT
Can anyone help with information my Pool/ Poole ancestor. Lucy Pool
born SC in 1803 Married James Yaun after 1820 and they moved to Telfair Co Ga. Was Issac Pool her father. Lived
in Orangeburg Co SC prior to marriage.
Thanks,
Sue Nevans
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions