Search for content in message boards

Need info re: Holders in Gloucestershire area

Need info re: Holders in Gloucestershire area

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 8:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holder
I am seeking info regarding our family's possible connection to Gloucestershire. Have found some leads that point to my family coming from that area, arriving in Virginia,USA by mid 1660's.
There is a possible free anonymous DNA testing available for any male Holders in the UK- this would help confirm our research.
The Holders in The US have started a DNA database to help us track the family connections.
My branch of the Holders have an interesting history and I am more than willing to share several years worth of research. Example: one line had accompanied Daniel Boone westward, and the book and movie "Last of the Mohicans"
was based largely on actual events. Our extended family had several dozen members at Gettysburg, on both sides of the conflict.
Any info would be appreciated. gl_fulton@yahoo.com

Re: Need info re: Holders in Gloucestershire area

Posted: 19 Sep 2008 2:08PM GMT
Hi
A Mary Holder B: 8 mar 1767 St Nicholas, Gloucester Fa:William Holder Mo: Hannah married John Elliott,an ancestral Uncle of mine, in St Nicholas Church, Gloucester on 5 July 1789. One of their children Thomas Holder Elliott B: 14 Oct 1797 emigrated to the USA and (I think) married Amelia Helphenstine in Winchester, Virginia in 1821 and died in Ohio in 1888.
I don't know much about the Holders but have noticed that there were quite a lot of them in Gloucestershire (IGI).
I know quite a lot about John Elliott who was a Land Surveyor and teacher in Stonehouse, if you're interested.
Kind regards
Roy Elliott

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 9:10AM GMT
Surnames: holder
roy holders are my anceaters,please email me and i can maybe help you,i am on a site called ftf family search,and next month there going to print about my holders from gloucesters,i have 2 that emigrated and im in touch with one from canada.my holders were ciders makers and owned a big house called jaxks house now knon as tainton house.the lead singer from the verb now own it.they owned quite a lot of property in and around gloucester villiage of tainton.my ancesters the holders are burried in a church isle in tainton called st nicholas site,i have there web site.my email is brendamccartie@btinternet.com regards brenda xxxwe may be related....

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Holder, Arundell
My line is Mary Holder born 1769 in Rodborough, Gloucestershire, daughter of John Holder and Martha Deague
Mary married Nathaniel Arundell
Jenny NZ

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 11:44AM GMT

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 5:45AM GMT
HELLO AM A THIRD OR FORTH GREAT GRANDSON OF THOMAS H ELLIOTT ...I LIVE IN THE USA GALESBURG IL.......TEL. 1-309-344-7903

Posted: 21 Mar 2014 4:49AM GMT
Thomas Holder Elliott is my third great grandfather and I would be very interested in talking with anyone about this family. I am from the family of his daughter Margaret Elliott who married James Coyle and lived in Ohio. I now live in Minneapolis.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions