Search for content in message boards

MARSHALL & POLOAI

MARSHALL & POLOAI

Posted: 22 Aug 2009 9:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marshall Poloai Laurenson
Im searching for any descendants or information re: Henry (Harry) Marshall or Tua Poloai. LDS records show that Henry (Harry) Marshall was born abt 1826 or 1837? and was married abt 1857-1859 to Tua Poloai born abt 1830 to 1839? Seems they had 2 children: Mary Ta'itua born 1860 and Taetofe born 1862.
I am a descendant of Mary Ta'itua Marshall and James Laurenson. Would greatly appreciate any information. Thanks

Re: MARSHALL & POLOAI

Posted: 22 Sep 2009 11:27AM GMT
Hi

My name is Latai Poloai and I am the grand daughter of Sufali & Faananafu Poloai....my grandfather was also known as Marshall. There is so much about my grandfathers side that I do not know, but would like to. So if there is any info. that I can help you with then I will let you know. You can also send me an email at lpoloai@hotmail.com.....Good luck :)

Posted: 2 Oct 2009 7:45AM GMT
Henry Marshall is listed in LDS microfilm 1130493 as being a British subject in Samoa. He was born in Stepney(London, England)and was a carpenter aged 61, living in ?Tausimafa? in June 1878

He is NOT listed as being a British subject in 1881, when the british Consul in Samoa conducted a Census of British residents to match the 1881 British Census, which presumably means he was dead by then.

James Laurenson is listed in 1881, aged between 40 and 45. He was also a Special Constable in 1876, to support the Constitution and the laws on Great Britain

There may be other mentions of both of them on this microfilm, and on microfilm 1130492- the British Consular records.

Posted: 23 Jul 2011 1:04PM GMT
hey my mothers maiden name was Taitua Poloai she's the daughter of Henry Phillip And Sarah Poloai.

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 4:01AM GMT
poloai is it possible that this is the same family in manu'a island my gr.gr.grandad name is listed poloai but no first name

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 7:26AM GMT
Could be??? Heard many stories from my dad about that island but hard to piece together. My name is Ta'itua Enosa nee Poloai and I am trying to find out information about my name sake. My grandfather is Sufali Kerema Poloai and chatting with my parents, they were not able to tell me where Ta'itua came from or her family.

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 7:37AM GMT
Heard my dad mention Marshall and my dad is Henry Phillip Poloai and my brothers middle name is Marshall and also my dad and his 2 brothers are all carpenters. Now if thats not saying there is a connection between Marshall and Poloai, dont know what is.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:25PM GMT
is it possible that this is the same family it would be great if we can make the connection...the info i have is that this man is from olosega manu'a no first name he had a daughter name kuana that married a leula toofaatafua from manua they had a daughter tumoe married to a hawaiian

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:46PM GMT
i hope ur parents can help both my parents are in a better place growing up we had no interest in family history til now my mom never had a chance to tell us any information beyond 4 generations on her side but she has families on both samoa islands

Posted: 14 Mar 2014 8:38AM GMT
Hi just come across all these posts, my great grandfather is Koli Poloai / Savaiinaea his parents were Poloai and Siaumau from Olosega, just wanting to know the connection??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions