Search for content in message boards

We're sorry, an error occurred when you tried to add information to your tree.

We're sorry, an error occurred when you tried to add information to your tree.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm getting this a lot. Is this normal?

Re: We're sorry, an error occurred when you tried to add information to your tree.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:33PM GMT
I'm also getting this:

"Some tree features are temporarily unavailable. During this time you may not be able to add new information to your tree."

Is it just me or are there other issues going on?

Re: We're sorry, an error occurred when you tried to add information to your tree.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:59PM GMT
If you are using Firefox, you may need to clear your Ancestry cookies (only Ancestry cookies). For some reason, Firefox seems to have trouble with the cookie crumbs on Ancestry and gets overloaded, giving such error messages.
Instructions are here http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-in...

Barbara

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:18PM GMT
Actually, I was using Chrome but I'll give that a try any way. It could be the same problem. Thanks.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:20PM GMT
Same here. I don't think it is a cookie problem, it is an Ancestry problem which they have a lot of yet they want more and more customers.

keith

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:35PM GMT
Ancestry are aware of the situation. https://www.facebook.com/AncestryUK?fref=ts

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:38PM GMT
So once again, announcements of general interest that should be posted here are only on twitbook? Will they never get a clue?

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2013 4:42PM GMT
Maybe one day!!. Appears to be working ok now.

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:47PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2013 5:50PM GMT
I didn't think to check Facebook this morning;-}

I had already tried Chrome and IE, so I knew it was not a Firefox problem. Trying to add records using the vintage (more reliable) format gave me the attached screen.

If I switched to the new, much less reliable and basically loathed, format, I got no option to edit what was being added. It was just attached, period.

Edit: This error continues 13:50 EDT US.
Attachments:

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 5:33PM GMT
If Ancestry is using Facebook to make announcement about the site, they should set up a separate Facebook page just for that and then TELL customers to go there for update. Why would they expect people to go there on their own???
I know...I know... it's all be said many times before.

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic