Search for content in message boards

Karl J. Fiala

Fiala/Salzburg

Charles Wardell (Webmaster) (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
There are still quite a few Fialas in Salzburg.
Please check the phone directory http://www.etb.at/ and see link below.

Karl J. Fiala

Carina Gilson Slack (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fiala, Mueller, Damoser
My mother Gertrude Fiala was born in Salzburg, Austria in 1925. She married an American and came to the USA in 1951. Her father was Reinhardt T. Fiala and his parents were Karl T. Fiala and Marta Mueller. They had four sons Reinhart, Karl, Lothar, Kurt, and 1 daughter, Marta.

Reinhart married Anna Damoser and had three children, two that lived. They were Gertrude and Reinhardt. I am trying to trace back Karl Theodur Fiala and Marta Muelle's linages. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Carina G. Slack

Re: Karl J. Fiala

Mike Hinterweger (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: Anna Marie Fiala-Hinterweger
Off the subject a little, but this is my first time here. My grandmother's name was Anna Fiala. She was born in Ulmerfeld, Austria. She became a widow then married my grandfather of now, Omer Van Vleck. She moved to the U.S. in 1951. They are both living and in Kansas. My father was also born in Ulmerfeld and moved to the U.S. in 1957. He passed away after residing in Kansas for 41 years.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 6:34PM GMT
Do you have relatives who live in Vienna? My maternal grandmother in Sophia Fiala. I have uncles living in Vienna, Karl, Walter and Kurt Fiala.

Michael.

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 1:02AM GMT
The Karl who died in the war is my grandfather! and his son Karl was my father. Do you have any information on where the Karl from WWII died? I have some family pictures of my father's grandparents whom sound like they are also your grandparents (with the 5 kids)

Thomas

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Fiala
Hello Thomas,

If you have 2 brothers whose names start with M and P, and your mother's name is Magdeline, you are indeed my 2nd cousin and we share grandparents. I met you once a long time ago when y'all visited us in Florida. I knew your father Karl from when I was six years old. He was a lot like my grosspapa Fiala.

Please email me at slackc@msn.com if this info matches yours.
Thank you,

Carina

Re: Karl J. Fiala - Fiala's in Vienna

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 1:43AM GMT
Hello Michael,

I spoke to my elderly mother and she said she thinks that your Fiala family is connected to our Fiala family. Mama thinks it that your Fiala's are descended from one of her father's uncles or maybe from one of her father's brothers who were unaccounted for after WWII. There were 4 brothers and only my grosspapa and one of his brother's were accounted for after the war.

I know my grosspapa was born in 1900 and his 3 brothes were younger. I will ask mama to translate the Austrian birth certificates for me and maybe I will have more info.

Mama said her grosspapa's name was Theodor Fiala and he had several brothers including one named Joseph Fiala who emmigrated to America either in the late 1890's or early 1900's. Teodor was a tax collector for Vienna.

If your uncles in Austria think any of this info fits, please email me back at slackc@msn.com.

Carina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions