Catherine McLean McCormack

david underhill (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2005 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: McLean, McCormack
Stats on Catherine McLean McCormack of PEI are:
born 1829; married 1840 to Donald McCormack; died in 1869
on the birth of sone,William) eighth child. The numbers don't compute. They make her 11 at time of marriage. She is buried St. George's Roman Catholic Cemetery, lot 55, cemetery 2. Stone 288 shows Donald McCormack 1802-1879; Catherine McLean McCormack 1829-1869; Mary Campbell McCormack (second wife of Donald) 1825-1912; William McCormack, 1869. Anyone know how to verify Catherine's date of birth? Appreciate any help---Dave Underhill

Re: Catherine McLean McCormack

Elizabeth Allen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2002 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: McCormack, Munroe, Monroe
Hi! I am trying to find out the parents of Catherine McCormack Monroe/Munroe or Freeman James Monroe/Munroe. Do any of these names look familiar? They are both from PEI.

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 5:30PM GMT
I have a Catherine McCormack in my family line from PEI. She was the daughter of Donald McCormack and Catherine Mclean and is belived to have been born around 1860. Her siblings included James, Neil, Isabella, Mary Catherine, Philomena and William who died at birth in 1869. Does any of this sound familiar?

Elizabeth Allen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2005 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Munroe, McCormack, Inglis
Hi Mike! You are a distant cousin!!
My Munroe/Monroe family is from PEI. Her name was Catherine McCormack Munroe/Monroe. She was born July 16, 1859 and died April 13, 1928. She had children: Maude, Georgette?, Lawrence A., Mabel Elizabeth and Dorothy Adelaide. Mabel Elizabeth was my GGGrandmother. She married Peleg Boyd Inglis. I will invite you to my Inglis site. She is in there and I also have a Munroe site I am beginning to work on.

Posted: 25 May 2012 4:36AM GMT
I also am a Munroe whose family comes from PEI. Maybe we are related but I'm not sure how to find out. I'm a bit of a novice with Ancestry.com.

Posted: 25 May 2012 6:06PM GMT
Have you tried http://www.islandregister.com/munro.html...that is a PE Island web-site and I see two Munro family registries posted there. Also try http://www.gov.pe.ca/archives/baptismal/search_index.php for baptismal info ---another great PEI web-site
per page

Find a board about a specific topic