Carter
Thanks,
C W

Re: African Americans of Claiborne Parish

Posted: 16 Sep 2001 11:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2008 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Duty
Hello Caroline, I am also searching for African Americans in Clairborne Parish. Are you a direct descendant and if so what is you family name?

I am a direct descendant of Richard Duty, Sr. of Bienville Parish. Several of his children moved to Clairborne Parish and we have lost touch with those families:

Duty, Wimberly, Aswell, Hill, McCoy, Walker, Williams, Brown, Gibson, and Tower.

If any of the above families are on your search list, please contact me I would love to share information. Thank you

Gwen Logan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Logan
Hello Ms. Washington,

Are you looking for African American Families from Claiborne Parish, Louisiana? My family name is Logan and my grandfather John 'Pete' Logan, born 1895, was a sharecropper in Gordon, LA, later moving to Haynesville where he died in 1987. He and my grandmother, Fannie, had 11 children, over 50 grandchildren, and many, many great and great-grandchildren. We are also related to the Wilson and Martin families in Claiborne.

Gwen Logan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: Logan
Hello Ms. Washington,

Are you looking for African American Families from Claiborne Parish, Louisiana? My family name is Logan and my grandfather John 'Pete' Logan, born 1895, was a sharecropper in Gordon, LA, later moving to Haynesville where he died in 1987. He and my grandmother, Fannie, had 11 children, over 50 grandchildren, and many, many great and great-grandchildren. We are also related to the Wilson and Martin families in Claiborne.

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 2:13PM GMT
Hello Gwen,
Thank you for replying! If we have this connection I am sure we have many more. Please contact me at cwashin436@aol.com when you can.
Sincerely,
Carolyn

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 6:19PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2008 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Logans, Martin, Spivey
Gwen: I am related to the Logans in Haynesville. My parents were Janie Martin and Climon Spivey. Your grandmother Fannie is my cousin. I knew her and her family well.
You can contact me at MaryT73352@aol.com. There is a Martin/Bugg family reunion planned for next year, June, in Haynesville.
Mary Jane

Robin Daniels (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2002 10:48PM GMT
Carolyn,

I have left you several email messages about my family that descended from Claiborne Parish (Davis Carter) my gfather. Please contact me.

Thanks,

Robin

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2005 11:59PM GMT
My family too is from Clairborne Parish. Do the names Copeland, Lewis, Moreland, Brooks, Bailey, Howard, Moore or Taylor cross your family lines. We are still researching our family. Let me know if you find anything. Johnnie

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 1:48PM GMT
Hi,
I would appreciate any information you have on the Beene family in Clairborne parish.

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 1:51PM GMT
Hi, My name is Carl Beene and my family is also from Clairbone Parish. I am also related to some logans who moved to the Chicago area several years ago. Are you familiar with Buck and Mandy lou Logan?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions