Search for content in message boards

Hoskins Family

Hoskins Family

Posted: 10 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: HOSKINS, WALDIN, WALLIS, BLASINGAME, HAM, DOWNS
HOSKINS/WALDIN/WALLIS/BLASINGAME/HAM/DOWNS

Looking for any information on my great, great, grandfather Markus Howard HOSKINS who migrated to Tippah County, MS between 1844 and 1846 from AL. Markus married Francis A ??? in 1835 in AL. Known children are 1 Emaline HOSKINS 2. Martha A HOSKINS married W R WALLIS 3. Jasper N HOSKINS married Elizabeth BLASINGAME 4. Francis P HOSKINS 5. James M HOSKINS 6. Elmirah HOSKINS married Rev. L HAM 7. Angerona HOSKINS married Ephraim William DOWNS 8 John Howard HOSKINS (my great grandfather) married Maggie A WALDIN/WALDEN/WALDON
Any information or contacts would be greatly appreciated. Most willing to share what information I have.

Re: Hoskins Family

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Hoskins, Haskins
If you want to know info on Jasper N Hoskins, son of Markus H e-mail me at simmons67@earthlink.net

Posted: 3 May 2011 7:15PM GMT
Hello. John Howard Hoskins was my paternal grandfather. Maggie (Margaret Ann, I think) was my grandmother. My father was Jasper Newton Hoskins who died in Altus, Ok, in 1957. Early on, the family lived in Atoka, specifically Boggy Depot. I don't know much about this side of my family and I am interested in learning more. If you are still searching please contact me.

Shirley Crider

Posted: 29 Aug 2011 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: Hoskins
Markus Howard Hoskins was born in 1805 and was married to Frances Ann Dawson (born 1807). Markus Howard Hoskins was born in Georgia. Then had several children in Alabama. I have listed that the name of Jasper N. Hoskins was actually Joseph N. Hoskins. I don't know which is correct. Joseph N. Hoskins was born in Dale, Alabama in 1842. James was born in 1846 in Tippah, Miss. Elmarah Hoskins may have been born in Tippah in 1848. Angeronia Hoskins have have been born in 1849.

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 11:36AM GMT
Hello. Jasper Newton Hoskins was my father. John Howard Hoskins my grandfather. I don't know much about the family and I would be very interested in learning more. Thanks for the response.

Shirley Hoskins Crider

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 11:41AM GMT
Re Jasper Newton/Joseph N. Hoskins, the correct name is Jasper Newton. His nickname was Jap (which he hated)so he went by the name Jack Hoskins. His father was John Howard Hoskins; his mother was Margaret (Maggie) Walden Hoskins.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic