Search for content in message boards

HEARFIELD HISTORY

HEARFIELD HISTORY

Hearfield (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HEARFIELD
Would like information on Hearfield ancestry. My father is John (born 7.8.39) from the Hull, Yorkshire area where his family had always lived. Hearfield ancestors were rumoured to have arrived in Hull (late 1800s) from the European continent, possibly merchants or Nobles from Austria.
Possibly the name has changed from Hirschfeld, Herrfeld, Herzfeld or other.
This Hearfield, Jonathan is now living in Luxembourg. Would be interested by contact from Hearfields worldwide. (I speak 8 languages) Many regards

Re: HEARFIELD HISTORY

John Hearfield (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Hearfield
My research locates direct ancestors of mine as farmers in Yorkshire during the 17th century. There was another branch of the family in the Hull area, and one other in London. I assumed that we were all related at some distant time, but if you have information about immigration I'd like to hear from you!

Regards
John Hearfield

Jodie Hearfield (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 5:51AM GMT
I am from Sydney Australia, my fathers name is Gary Hearfield and his fathers name was Thomas Hearfield, his fathers name was Samual Hearfield would come to Australia as a teenage boy from Hull England. Samual had 2 bothers one named William but Im not sure if the other ones name was John or Tom, possibly Tom as my Grandfather may have been named after him. Im afraid that is all i know as my grandfather is dead and my grandmother doesnt remember anymore than that. I hope it helps. As i would like to know more myself.

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 1:50AM GMT
Hello,

I am not much help but have one ancestor who married a Hearfield in Hull, Yorkshire. Her name was Mary Ann Blythe. All I have on her was that she was widowed prior to 1874, she was a dressmaker. She was born in 1826. Was not married on the 1851 Census of Hull. In the same census, I can find only one Hearfeild. Samuel aged 30 born in Burley. If you have come any further with your research, let me know.

Regards,
Karen
Qld
Australia

hearfield-aus (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2006 5:34AM GMT
Hearfield from Sydney, Australia. My grandmother before she died recently told me our family came to Australia from Hull. And before that they came to Hull from Germany. I too would like to know more. I was thinking perhaps the name came from Hërfeld.

Posted: 17 May 2007 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Hearfield, Franks, Small, Hotell, Van Norden
Looking for additional information on the family of William Hutchinson Hearfield b 1811 Hessle, Yorkshire. He married Elizabeth Garniss and had at least six children, David, Elizabeth, Charlotte, Rhoda, Tace Eleanor, and John Garniss. David came to California in 1886 and married Jane Van Norden and settled in the San Francisco area. John Garniss married Amelia Franks and stayed in Yorkshire.

Posted: 15 Nov 2007 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hearfield, Garniss
I have some information re William Hutchinson Hearfield as i am researching the Garniss line, (Garniss being my maiden name) and Elizabeth Garniss was the sister of my great, great grandfather. William was the son of David Hearfield and his occupation at some time was a quarry proprietor. He was christened in Hessle by Hull Yorkshire England on the 31st March 1811. He had at least one brother, David christened 6 Jun 1813. William and Elizabeth had 7 children, Mary Ann, Tace Eleanor, John Garniss, Charlotte Elizabeth, Rhoda, David and Elizabeth Kelsey, (Kelsey was Elizabeth's mother's maiden name). Tace Eleanor married Alexander Strachan in 1870, John garniss married Amelia Franks in 1877, Charlotte Elizabeth married walter Knowsley Henson in 1872 David you already know, and Elizabeth Kelsey married Albert Conyngham Bannistter in 1885. Unfortunately I don't have much more information on the Hearfields as Garniss is my main research interest. However I am prepared to try to find out more if you are interested, Hull isn't too far away.

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 1:52PM GMT
This is a message board for questions about families in the province of Drenthe in the Netherlands.

Posted: 30 Dec 2007 11:10PM GMT
Good evening...I hope this maybe of some help.

I was adopted by david Hearfield in 1963, who was married to jill Brunning of North Ferriby.

David Hearfield owned the Mill Whiting works on the banks of the River Humber - Now part of the Humberbridge area.

His mother, my grandma, lived in Bridlington. He was a single son born from the large hearfield Family that set up earles Cement factory in melton, near North ferriby.

If you would like more info please contact me...Hope this helps and yes, they were from Nobility

Carl

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 5:47AM GMT
I am researching the Hearfield family. My branch were from the Sculcoates area of Hull, Samuel a professional stage atriste, was my great grandfather. Going back by generation we have Samuel, John a watchmaker, Samuel, a pork butcher, another Samuel, Thomas, yet another Samuel, Peter and James.This takes us back to mid 17th century.
The family farmed at Storris Farm Otley West Yorkshire during the mid 19th century. Might we be connected?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic