Search for content in message boards

Agnes Ann Carberry of Junee/Temora N.S.W.

Agnes Ann Carberry of Junee/Temora N.S.W.

Posted: 19 May 2004 7:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2005 7:15AM GMT
Searching for relatives/information on my Great grandmother Agnes Ann Carberry and her children. She was born in Gundagai N.S.W. to Joseph Carberry and Rosannah Byrne. Her children ( maybe were born to Charles Starr of Temora); Charles John Carberry b 1886 Cootamundra, William Joseph b1890/Temora Albert John Carberry b1893/Temora Elsie Rose Starr b 1895/Bagdad, Amy May Carberry b 1898/Junee (my Grandmother) Ethel Carberry b1902. My Agnes married a George Handley in 1906 in Junee. Any information very much appreciated. Dianna Charles

Re: Agnes Ann Carberry of Junee/Temora N.S.W.

Suzanne Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2005 6:26AM GMT
Rosannah Byrne -Mother Ann/Nanno/Nancy Byrne
Father William Byrne
Rosannah Monica Byrne born 8th May 1832-married Joseph Carberry on the 7th February 1854 Boolong Burrowa Yass NSW-
children -Susannah, Michael, Gertrude, Agnes ,Joseph,Rose,
Emeline, Nicolas, William, Margaret, MaryAnn
Rosannah's Mother Ann the daughter of Hugh Vesty Byrne , one of the Wicklow Five "sent" to NSW aboard the "Tellicherry".Ann was born at sea during the voyage.
contact me if I can help.

Craig (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2005 10:28PM GMT
I am a decendant on hugh 'vesty' byrne & sarah byrnes daughter also called sarah. however sarah was conceived when hugh was in prison for approx 3 years....i would like to find out more about this time in their lives

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 10:27AM GMT
Surnames: byrne
hugh vesty byrne was my ggggrandfather i have limited knowledge but may be able to help you can contact me at roisletterbox@optusnet.com.au

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 7:45PM GMT
I have visited the war grave of an Albert James Starr who was the son of Charles and Annie Starr of Temora. He was 25 when he died on 01.06.1918 at Wimereux in France making him the age you gave. Would this be the actual 'Albert John Carberry' you listed? Just asking. I saw this purely by chance and decided to act. Hope I don't take you down the wrong path.

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 12:52AM GMT
Dear Mark
How wonderful to receive your message. Yes Albert James/John Starr is Albert Carberry my Great Uncle, he was born under his Mothers name but later used his Fathers name which was Starr. How did you come across his grave, seems extraordinary?? Kind regards Dianna

Posted: 25 Apr 2009 5:01PM GMT
I spend a lot of time on the Great War battlefields. I have a photograph of the grave I will send you. It is stored on a different computer, so I will look it out tomorrow. I was actually planning to use it in an article in a new military subjects magazine I am the editor of because the first edition has a lot of Australian content. I was attracted to it by the inscription from the family; "Too Far Away For Us To See, Our Thoughts Will Always Be With Thee". Australian graves often list the places where soldiers came from; although the info is on the Commonwealth War Graves site - www.cwgc.org - very easy to use. So have a look.

I'll get back to you about the picture. My email address is markbarnesphoto@btinternet.com - if you're happy, ping me a mail with an address I can send it to. It doesn't have to be yours. best wishes.

Mark Barnes

Posted: 7 May 2009 1:35PM GMT
Hi there - don't forget to contact me about sending you the snap of Albert's grave. I definitely have it to hand to put in an email to an address of your choice. I am not generally a user of this site so won't be keeping tabs of it.

Posted: 30 Dec 2009 9:24AM GMT
Hi Suzanne, I am searching for information on my grandmother Stella Harrison (nee Reid) daughter of Susanne Catherine Carberry (aka Susan Kate Collingwood) but have come to a standstill... any ideas? Any other information you have on the Byrne/Carberry line would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Susan.

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 9:54PM GMT
Hi Susan I will go through my Carberry notes and see what information I have on Susan Kate, there is a great deal of information on the whole Carberry/Byrne family. Please send me your email address so I can give you what information I have. Regards Dianna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic