Search for content in message boards

How many Coghlan's are out there???

How many Coghlan's are out there???

Andy Coghlan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2005 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coghlan
My name's Andrew William Coghlan, from Manchester, England.I'm considering finding my family origins, but wonder if I might run out of possible leads before I even get started. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Re: How many Coghlan's are out there???

Posted: 16 May 2005 1:28PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2005 1:43PM GMT
i also come from manchester and there are a lot of coghlans
about but i am not having any sucess with my searches

Posted: 1 Nov 2005 1:48PM GMT
Hi ! I am in Australia but originally from M/C where most {my}Coghlan's are. My g/f was William James Eldest son of Joseph and Elizabeth.They had 10 children!
Josephs parents where from Ireland.Who are you looking for? anyone in particular?

William Kneissl (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2005 1:58AM GMT
siblings of John Coghlan born about 1806 Tynagh Parish E Galway married about 1830 to Catherine Daly. Son Thomas born 1835 Ireland died in NYC in late 1880s. His children were all born in Ireland entire family came over when children were young. Would like to find out what happened to John's brothers & sisters.

Ann Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2005 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: COGHLAN
Andy, you can also join eng-lancashire &britishgeneaology.co. have lots of local info on where to look in M/C many coghlans in M/C perhaps we have some in common. Regards Ann

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 9:57PM GMT
My Coghlan ancestors are recorded on the 1851 census. Name sometimes spelt Coughlin/Cochlan. William Coghlan and Margaret Gregan originally from Co. Carlow and Co. Westmeath respectively. All children born in Manchester - lots of offshoots of the family. Good luck!

Posted: 8 Jul 2006 5:59PM GMT
Hi Andrew My family are aso the Coghlans of Manchester in this case Salford. We have traced 64 with the name Coghlan. Wonder if there is any connection

Coghlan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 8:29PM GMT
Lots of Coghlans in US. John Coghlan arrived in NYC in the 1850s. Enlisted in the Union Army at age 39. Wounded and discharged 1863. Family now reanges from NJ, NY, GA, CO & Arkansas. Can anyone tell me about my Great Grand Father. Was from Cork

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 11:58PM GMT
Hi Andrew my family are Coghlans also from Manchester UK

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Coghlans in Manchester
Hi Andrew,
I replied to this message in 2006. Was wondering if you have had any luck tracing your Manchester Coghlans.
There has been a lot of work done on my Coghlan family especially by a relative, Alan Clancy. Another person who replied to you from Australia, Ann Fisher, also has links to my family. It's just possible your ancestors are connected with ours. Please get in touch with one of us if you need any help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions