Search for content in message boards

himes pa family tree

himes pa family tree

Dan Himes (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 5:00AM GMT
My name is Dan Himes originally from Bradford, PA. My father was William Himes with a brother Ed, sisters Mary Lou, Helen, Betty Lou, and Jo Ann. His father was James Himes (born 07/09/1914) and mother Arlene Case. Most of my relatives came from the Brookville, PA area. I also have the name Mary Lou Ellen Manors stuck in my head from a family tree I did a long time ago. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

himes pa family tree

Julie Manners Koch (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 6:39PM GMT
Dan,
I have Himes from Pa. in my family tree also. I was wondering about the spelling of Manors or if it is just a coincidence. My Great Grandmother was Katy Arminta Himes and she married John Albert Manners. They resided in the Punxsutawney area. Wondering if there is any connection.

himes/manners

Dan Himes (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 7:32PM GMT
I may have spelled Manners incorrectly.
It was about 15 years ago that I did the family tree and many relatives have passed on since then. Mary Manners was from what I remember of Indian descent and lived to be 105 years old. I think she was the grandmother of my grandmom Arlene Case Himes

family tree

Narue Himes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 7:07AM GMT
hi. my family on my father's side is mostly from brockway, shamut,clermont area... he was born in 1925...last lived in dubois. He had brothers named..Gary, Ray, Zane(snake),and Ted Timblin... looking to find info on family tree.... names..places... things of that sort....

Himes in Pa

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2003 12:01AM GMT
I am looking for info on Himes familt from Reynoldsville,Brookville area. Jacob Alexander Himes, married Christina Fenstermaker. They had 11 children some of which are: Walter Jay, Herbie, Willie or Bill, Nellie, Dolly, Ossie, Onnie. Onnie is my grandmother. She married Harry Milliron from Big Run. Any connection? E-mail me at crabbybabby@yahoo.com

Re: family tree

Posted: 8 Apr 2002 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 May 2003 1:02AM GMT
Narue,

I am searching for the parents of my grandfather, William Miles Himes, born in Shamut, PA. in the late 1800's. I know his father was Miles Obediah Himes, but I am at a loss as to his mother. Family "talk" has it that she was of Indian descent. The family also lived in Brockway for a time. Hope we can make a connection!

Thanks,
Mitzie Burke

Re: Himes in Pa

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 10:11PM GMT
I too am searching my Himes side of the family and have the same names in my family tree. Sister and brothers to Onnie Milliron are Carrie, Harry, Dollie, Walter Jay, Oskie, Hattie, Annie, Norman and Dan. I just recieved this information if you still need info. Contact me @ my e-mail address. I could use some help myself. Thanks

Re: Himes in Pa

Posted: 10 Jul 2002 12:50AM GMT
I have a Christina Himes born 1812 married M.T. Fenstermaker in my file. I have very little info on them except for Christina Himes' family. And I have a Henry Milliron who married Margaret (Nolf) Nulph.
Margaret "FOX" Schroeder

Posted: 6 Jul 2004 8:09PM GMT
Mitzi,I am Miles Obediah Himes' great grandson on my mom's side of the family. I believe William was my grandfathers brother.Grandpap was from the Punxsy area,I believe he grew up in Canoe Twp.Miles worked for some time at the Pantall in Punxsy.I should have some photos of William if memory serves me right.My grandfathers name was Ralph,and Glenn was the other brother.Their mother was Nellie Baughman,Miles' second wife.I also saw some info that Miles 1st wife may have been of Native American ancestry,and I too have been told that as well.Please contact me @ CMAX001@aol.com.

Posted: 9 Apr 2005 8:01PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Himes
Dave,

Somehow I missed your post of July, 2004! I can't believe I have found someone who may be able to help my search.

You are correct...William and Charles were sons to Mile's first wife while Ralph and Glenn were the children of Miles and Nellie Baughman. My mother, Grace Himes (daughter of William) remembers Nellie fondly. I have researched this family for twenty years and cannot find any information on my great grandmother. I believe she may have died by 1900 as this census shows Miles and his two sons living in Elk County PA with their mother. Anything you could add would be a godsend. I would be willing to exchange information via email or regular mail. Please contact me when you can.

Mitzie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions