Search for content in message boards

David H. and Clarissa Manley

David H. and Clarissa Manley

Marie Shreeves (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 9:41PM GMT
My great grandparents were David Hurd and Clarissa Wood Manley. I am looking for information on Clarissa. She was born December 09, 1823 in Canandaigua, NY and she died in Lawrence, Kansas May 15, 1912. Her parents are believed to be James and Clarissa (possibly Almira)Hurd Wood.

Re: David H. and Clarissa Manley

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2002 1:41AM GMT
Have since gotten further information - Clarissa's parents were Dr. Lewis Newton Wood and Naomi Dunn Davis.

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2002 1:41AM GMT
Had received wrong information about Clarissa's parents. Am still looking for her Wood parents.

Posted: 18 Mar 2003 7:55PM GMT
I am not sure of the accuracy of my info but here goes.
I have a Almira Hurd b. 25 August 1791married an Adrian Manley, her parents may have been Jerusha and Jedediah Hurd of Sandgate, VT. Possible siblings

Abigail Hurd
Artimecia Hurd
Nabby Em Hurd
Almira Hurd
Any help?

Marie Shreeves (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 5:21AM GMT
Surnames: Manley, Hurd, Wood
Thanks for responding. We already have that information. Adrian and Almira (Hurd) Manley were David's parents. We are looking for Clarissa's parents. Her maiden name was Wood. We think, but haven't proved it, that Clarissa Wood Manley's mother might also have been named Clarissa (Hurd) and may have been a sister to Almira Hurd Manley. That would have made David and Clarissa first cousins - not impossible.

marie

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 4:43PM GMT
I have just begun working on my Hurd line but have Abigail Hurd b. 9-19-1756 in New Concord, MS; M. 6-23-1772 in Canaan Columbia City NY and d. 2-7-1840. Abigail is the daughter of Jedediah Hurd and Abigail Baker. Abigail married Gideon Castle who was a Rev. War Veteran.

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 11:23PM GMT
Please go to "findagrave.com" and key in Clarissa's parents. Their memorials are #70424203 & 70424205. I believe she also had twin siblings - Alvina & Alvinus Brown Wood. Alvinus was a mining engineer dealing with copper mining in Michigan, I believe. Alvinus married Mary Dapline Van Riper in Oakland, Michigan around 1856...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions