Search for content in message boards

REIDY CASTLEISLAND Co Kerry

REIDY CASTLEISLAND Co Kerry

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REIDY
Seeking information on my g-grandfather THOMAS REIDY married Mary Ager/Egar 1857 in Castleisland. They had the following children: John b 1874. Michael b 1879. Michael married Nora Donoghue of Loughfouder Knocknagoshel 1906. Jimmy married a Caterine Mahony. All of these stayed in Ireland. They had more children who went to America. Ellen b 1868. Martin b.1864.
Nora b 1860. and Edward.I seem to have a problem with Edward Reidy as he was born 1885 which is a 20 year gap between himself and his siblings. I do know he is our Edward Reidy.
Im now wondering if anyone knows how many Ager/Egar and Reidy families lived in Castleisland in the 1800s or can anyone help solve the puzzle?

Re: REIDY CASTLEISLAND Co Kerry

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 12:12PM GMT
Hello, my greatgreatgrandfather was Thomas Reidy he married Mary Eagar in 1857 in Castleisland. My greatgrandfather was Maurice Reidy born in 1857, he had a lot of siblings one of which was Nora born in 1860. My greatgrandfather Maurice came to Boston in 1880. He also had a sister Ellen born in 1868, and a brother Edmond born in 1862, and a brother Thomas born 1866 who also came to Boston, as far as I know Maurice and Thomas are the only ones who came to America. We may have some connection here.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: REIDYS
Hello. My great-grandfather was Thomas Reidy he was married to Mary Eager. Thomas worked in and around Castleisland. They had a son Michael born 1879. John born 1874. Mary/Mennie born 1872. and a son Jimmy, but no date of birth for him. All these stayed in Ireland.
Thomas and Mary had other children, a son Edward/Edmond who did go to Boston Mass, They also had children Thomas, and Ellen,
Thomas and Mary also had a son either Maurice or Martin. Have you any idea of when your greatgreat-grandfather was born or where he was born? Their son Edward did definitly go to Americia. I hope their is a connection.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:42PM GMT
Surnames: REDY
Hello. My greatgrandfather was Thomas Reidy. married Mary Ager. Their children were Michael born 1879. John born 1874 Mennie/Mary born 1872 and Jimmy but no date for him. Thomas and Mary also had children Ellen, Nora, Edward/Edmond, Thomas. and either a Maurice or Martin.
Michael, John, Mennie and Jimmy stayed in Ireland. Edward/Edmond definitly went to the USA (Boston, Mass) and as far as I know Ellen Nora and Thomas went also.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:45PM GMT
Hi, I'm not sure when my greatgreatgrandfather Thomas was born, but his son Maurice my greatgrandfather I beleive was born in 1859. I live in Mass just curious if you do also. I have a list of siblings for my Maurice if you're interested. I actually know a cousin who's greatgrandfather and my greatgrandfather were brothers. I always assumed it was just those 2 who came to Boston. Do you know when Edmond came here by any chance? I really think we may have a family connection here.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:49PM GMT
Ok if Thomas married to Mary is your greatgrandfather do you know who your grandfather is?

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 5:03PM GMT
I really do hope there is a connection as i'm finding it very hard to get any information. My great-grandfather Thomas Reidy was born 1831.His son Michael Reidy was my grand-father. Edward/Edmond did go to Boston, Mass USA. and the information i did get is that Edward left Ireland 1909. his age was 24. but here the problem is (If Thomas and Mary married 1857). this would mean Edward was born 1885.so their is a big age gap here between Edward and the other sibblings. I understand that Thomas and mary did have a large family.
Mary Ager was born 1834.
Yes I would appreciate any information that you have got we maybe able to work through the information and find the connection.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Reidys
My grandfather was Michael Reidy.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 5:09PM GMT
The info I have for Edmond is he was born in 1862 in castleisland to Thomas and Mary. I'm afraid that's all I know about him. Sometimes this is so frustrating, I've found mistakes on certain documents and it throws you off sometimes. People give the wrong info or typos or whatever. And it's sort of hard going back and forth like this also. I never heard of a Michael connected to my Maurice, but who knows. What year did you say he was born?

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 5:12PM GMT
His name was Michael.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions