Search for content in message boards

"Black Eyed Blue Eyed Twigg's"

"Black Eyed Blue Eyed Twigg's"

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 4:53PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 4:22PM GMT
I have information on the "Black Eyed Blue Eyed Twigg's. The Black Eyed Twigg was John Twigg wife Ruth Farmer,(1747-1805) His father was Robert Twigg,(1715-1787)mother was Hanna Unk,(1725-?) The Blue Eyed Twigg was also John Twigg married to Susannah (no last name) but she was Scotch. It was the Black Eyed Twigg (Ruth Farmer) was known as an Indian Squaw because of her black eyes. However there was a marriage of a full blooded Senica Indian Squaw to a Twigg, but of a different "branch" from mine. The Blue Eyed and Black Eyed Twiggs were from "Twiggtown, Md", right next to Cumberland. They settled in an area known at that time as "Sink Hole Bottom" in Twiggtown. There is a farm on that land known as "The Twigg Farm" in Twiggtown, Md and still owned by a Dr. Homer Lee Twigg Jr. and wife Betty. Twiggtown is in the Western Hills of Md.
Now let me tell you how I fit in. I am Dorothy McComb and my Dad was a Twigg. His parents were from Cumberland, Md., he was born in Dunbar, Pa in 1907. His father's name was Edward, married Lydia Lehman. They had 6 children. Edward, Elwood, John (my dad), Charles Emory (died at 15), Alberta and Loretta. My cousin, Gerald Twigg, 1st born son of Elwood began his geneology searching around 10 years ago. We have exchanged volumes of information. He lives in Punxsutawney, Pa. I could go on forever! I hope this info helps to open doors for any of you who could be of the same family. I will be happy to exchange info with you. Dottie
Dottiem28@hotmail.com

BLACK EYED BLUE EYED TWIGG`S

Donald twigg (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 4:46PM GMT
I am new at this so i will try my best.Dottie you said that Gerald Twigg from pa. is a cousion of your`s,I believe about 3 or 4 yrs. ago Gerald contacted my brother russell Twigg needing some inf. about the twigg`s on our side so i am going to help a little..we are from cumberland md. also. now my greatgrandfathers name was Cecial Charles Twigg marred to Ema Jane Lieghty i believe they are from rainsburg pa.I don`t know of any other childern but my grandfather who`s name was John William Twgg married to Ora Bell wertz and they too are from pa.My fathers name was Donald Eugene Twigg one of 11 childern i think only a few were born in rainesburg the others were all born in cumberland Md...I have heard that we are als part of the black eyed Twiggs but also of blue eyed twiggs too,but don`t really know...In the letter that Gerald sent my brother said something about a fire that distroyed some records at a court house,i don`t know if this info. will help but i would aprieciate any info you find to maybe let us know if we are black or blue eyed twiggs.My name is also Donald Eugene Twigg and i live in sellersburg indiana.please contact me at my e-mail address Dinkyd0069@cs.com THANK YOU
Donald

John Twigg and Ruth Farmer

Lora Gilgo (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
My mom told me about the whole Black Eyed Blue Eyed Twigg thing....

From what I know I am a descendent of John Twigg and Ruth Farmer but I'm not exactly sure how. I've only been able to go back about 7 generations in my mom's family. Here's what I have:

James Twigg m. Silvia ____, son Harrison Twigg m. Jane Twigg (presumeably a different branch of Twiggs), son Albert Twigg (1849, MD-1920,MD) m. Sarah Hudson (1853-1936, MD), daughter Harriet *Hattie* Twigg (1895,MD-?) m. David Snyder (1887-?), daughter Dorothy Snyder (1910,MD-1988,WV) m. Ernest Kessler (1906-1971), daughter Ila Rae Carol Kessler (1938-1995) m. Thomas Boyer Sr. (b. 1938), daughter Dianna Lynn Boyer (b. 1967) m. Ronald Dean Gilgo (1962-1993), daughter Lora Gilgo *me* (b. 1986)

I have more information (regarding siblings and stuff like that). If you would like anymore info, my email address is blackwolf326@yahoo.com. I hope this helps somebody out there...lol.

God bless,
Lora L. Gilgo

Re: John Twigg and Ruth Farmer

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 12:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Lora,

You and I are from the same line, that of Harrison and Jane. Jane was a grand-daughter of John and Ruth Farmer Twigg. As for Harrison, NO ONE knows who his father is for sure - JUST a lot of speculation. An elderly living Carter in Oldtown was raised by one of Harrison's daughter-in-laws and he says she told him when he was a child, Harrison's father was Simeon Twigg. I have been told he is very knowledgeable about the area, but when asked a question, what he doesn't know, he will fabricate. This leaves the source a little questionable, also. I descend from Harrison and Jane's oldest son, Hiram (later called Harmon) Twigg who married Mary Ann Hudson. Hiram's brother, Albert married Sarah Ann (Sadie) Hudson and the Hudson girls were sisters. They were born in Bedford Co., PA and were daughters of Robert and Harriet Hudson. I have Sarah and Albert's death certificates, which indicate they are buried in the Brinkman-Rine Cemetery in the Green Ridge State Park but there is no marker in place for either of them. Please contact me direct at shabanz@intrepid.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic