Search for content in message boards

Sarah Elizabeth McWherter

Sarah Elizabeth McWherter

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 3:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sarah is my great grandmother on my mothers side. My mother was Mae Maxine Barrow, her mother was Eudora "Head" Barrow, her mother was Sarah E "Mcwherter" Head. My grandmother never talked about her family I've only had what little my mom had gotten out of her over the years. If anyone has pictures, story or both I would love to see and read anything you can give me on her. Mom said grandmother said that she had Black Irish blood. Mom never knew what that meant. My mom had mixed color eyes, I found out that this could be a something to do with the Black Irish.

Re: Sarah Elizabeth McWherter

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 4:13AM GMT
It would help if you could give more details, like where they lived, and birthdates if you know them.

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 4:40AM GMT
I don't know how much information you already have, but if I have the right person in Erath County, Texas, it looks like Sarah's husband was Benjamin W. Head. Sarah died in 1884, then Benjamin remarried. Eldora "Dora" had a twin sister Norah. You can find lots of information on the family at www.familysearch.org. Try to search on Benjamin W. Head, with no other information at first. Also, if you have not been to the Erath County genweb site, there is a query from someone looking for the same family.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txerath/
Finally, I would suggest posting a query on the Erath County message board (depending on whether I have the right family)!
I am not related, just trying to be helpful.

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 1:13AM GMT
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes,I was able to trace Sarah's family all the way back to Ireland. But I don't have any information on what they did for a living are any stories about them. My mom passed away in 2006, didn't know anything about her moms family and the eye thing always made her feel like something was wrong with her. Her mom Dora had dark brown eyes, mom had the mixed colored eyes, I have very blue eyes but my daughter has my moms mixed colored eye. I will take you advice and check out those other website. Thank again...."Merry Christmas"

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 1:15AM GMT
Thank you, I will do that....I do have all that Info :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions