Search for content in message boards

Villalpando's from Spain

Villalpando's from Spain

Sylvia Villalpando Graves (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 7:11PM GMT
I am searching for any info on my great grandfather Camilo Villalpando who was originally from Spain, not sure what area. He left Spain and went to Mexica and there he married Serapia Sanchez. Areas they might have lived in Mexico include Cerro Blanco and Aguas Calientes. Also, is there any connection with the last name Villalpando and the town in Spain of the same name? Does anyone have any info on the town of Villalpando? I would be interested in any and all info. Thanks. -Sylvia

Re: Villalpando's from Spain

Posted: 2 Jun 2002 3:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2003 12:26AM GMT
VILLALPANDO, a town of Spain, in the province of Leon, on the south bank of the river Valderaguay. Population 6700. 40 miles S. of Leon.

http://communities.msn.com/JosephPaulMestazVialpando

Posted: 22 Mar 2003 12:35AM GMT
THE NAME VILL-REFERS TO A TOWN---LARGER THAN A TOWN, BUT SMALLER THAN A CITY. ALPANDO IS ARABIC WORD MEANING "A PLACE OPEN TO THE SUN"
ALSO THE NAME VILLALPANDO IS SEPHERDIM NAME--MEANS SPAINSH JEW!!
MY OLDEST ANCESTOR WAS JUAN DE VILLALPANDO AND HIS WIFE URSULA OLEAS. 1634. THERE A LOT OF VILLALPANDO'S.....MINE WERE FROM NORTH EASTERN NEW MEXICO AND SOUTHERN COLORADO AND SOME LIVE IN ROCKYFORD AND CHINO HILLS, CA.

Raven Villalpando (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2003 7:17AM GMT
Surnames: Serna, Martinez, Gallardo, Villalpando, Luna, Cebreros, Gonzales
Your post is interesting.

Always knew my Villalpando ancestors were somewhat arabic/semitic, however, Sephardic??

Just wondering what sources you are citing...would be genuinely interested to find out.

Please advise.

Best,
Raven Villalpando

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: anna murphy Date: 21 Mar 2003 12:35 AM GMT
In Reply to: Villalpando's from Spain by: Sylvia Villalpando Graves
Post Reply | Mark Unread | Report Abuse Print Message
THE NAME VILL-REFERS TO A TOWN---LARGER THAN A TOWN, BUT SMALLER THAN A CITY. ALPANDO IS ARABIC WORD MEANING "A PLACE OPEN TO THE SUN"
ALSO THE NAME VILLALPANDO IS SEPHERDIM NAME--MEANS SPAINSH JEW!!
MY OLDEST ANCESTOR WAS JUAN DE VILLALPANDO AND HIS WIFE URSULA OLEAS. 1634. THERE A LOT OF VILLALPANDO'S.....MINE WERE FROM NORTH EASTERN NEW MEXICO AND SOUTHERN COLORADO AND SOME LIVE IN ROCKYFORD AND CHINO HILLS, CA.

aecordova (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2003 10:32PM GMT
I had been looking for the meaning of the Villalpando name and found out that Villalpando meant "A PLACE OPEN TO THE SUN" in Arabic. I was looking for the town of Villalpando, CASTILLE DE LEON, ESPANA and found out that was what it meant. Did some historical research and found out that the early PHOENCIANS, a semtic peoples/PRESENT DAY SYRIA had come to espania early years of civilization about 800b.c. and much later the MOSLEMS invaded Spain in the 7th century A.D.(A HISTORY OF CIVILIZATION, PREHISTORY TO 1300; 5TH ED/ ISBN 0-13-389791-5)Spain
was occupied by the MOSLEMS/ARABS for at least 750 years. So many people in Spain were Jews or Sephardic....meaning Spainsh Jews....check out the following website....SEPHARDIM.COM OR SEPHARDIMFORUM@YAHOOGROUPS.COM.
During the reign of Queen Isabella and Ferdinand (abt. 1478)they and the Holy Church decided the Jew and the Moslems needed to be expelled from Spain, so those Jews became crypto Jews or Marranos. So many of them went to various other countries to avoid persecution and the inquistions. Many converted to Catholicism, but later would revert to Jews.
Anyway that is the best I can explain for now. There are many resources at the public library. One of our ancestors was a famous MASTER OF PLASTER SCULPTURE--Jeronimeo Corral de Villalpando, brother of Juan Bautista Villalpando and a close relative of Francisco de Villalpando. Do not for sure how these men are related to our line. My line comes from VILLALPANDO, CASTILLE DE LEON, ESPANA. My earliest relative I have been able to find is Juan de Villalpando from Villalpando.....1650. His son Juan de Villalpando came to Northern New Mexico and that is my family. Do you have any idea about your relatives.??? I am interested.We may be related!!!
This genealogy thing is almost an obession with me....the more I dig, the more I want to know . It involves history and archeology.
Good resource books "SPAIN, CONCISE HISTORY", BY Melveena McKendrick, ISBN 07-0453350-0 and another is "FAREWELL ESPANA, THE WORLD OF THE SEPHARDIM REMEMBERED", BY Howard M. Sachar, ISBN0-679-40960-2 . Check them out and check out the genealogy section in the library and the Mormon church...Family history Center and on line check out Familysearch.org. Ancestry.com...the family tree for Villalpandos and there are at least 500 names currently on there. Mine is Jose RomanVillalpando, I don't have all the info posted yet.
Hope you have a HAPPY HOLIDAY AND ALSO GOOD HUNTING.
aecordova@aol.com

Posted: 9 Mar 2004 8:53AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2004 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: vialpando, villalpando, mestaz
JUAN DE VILLA EL PANDO
| JUAN (DE VILLA EL PANDO) VIALPANDO
| dd. bef 1719
| | JUAN PABLO FRANCISCO VIALPANDO*
| | | RAFAEL ANTONIO VILLALPANDO (VIALPANDO)
| | | bd. 22 May 1771
| | | | JUAN YGNACIO VILLALPANDO (VIALPANDO)
| | | | bd. 7 Jan 1810
| | | | |
| | | | | JUAN ELUTERIO VIALPANDO
| | | | | bd. 19 Feb 1852, OJO CALIENTE, NEW MEXICO
| | | | | | EDWARD (JOSE) ACASIO MESTAZ (VIALPANDO)
| | | | | | bd. 13 Oct 1878, ENSENADA, RIO ARRIBA, NEW MEXICO
| | | | | | dd. 16 Aug 1957, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
| | | | | | | JOE (JOSE) MESTAZ (VIALPANDO)
| | | | | | | bd. 24 Oct 1921, DOUGLAS, ARIZONA
| | | | | | |
| | | |
| |

Joe Mestaz is my grandfather on my dad’s side

De Villalpando, Juan
Birth : Abt 1674 La Villa De Leon,Espana
Parents:
Father: De Villa El Pando, Juan
Mother: De Olaes, Ursula

Children:
Villalpando, Catalina
Vialpando, Juan Rosalio
Villalpando, Juan Pablo Francisco
De Villalpando, Ambrosio
Villalpando, Paula Guadalupe
Vialpando, Josepha
De Vialpando, Juan

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bercier/dat132.html...

Juan de VILLA EL PANDO
[1603]
ABT 1675 - by 1718
BIRTH: ABT 1675, Villa de Leon [1604]
DEATH: by 1718
Father: Juan de VILLA EL PANDO
Mother: Ursula de OLAES

Family 1 : Ana María ROMERO
MARRIAGE: 2 Jun 1694, Santa Fé, Nuevo México [41653]
+Juan Rosalio VIALPANDO
+Ambrosio de VIALPANDO
+Juan Pablo Francisco VILLALPANDO
+Catalina VILLALPANDO
+Josepha VIALPANDO
+Paula Guadalupe VILLALPANDO
+Juan de VIALPANDO

http://www.hgrc-nm.org/surnames/GNMPD.html/d0005/g0000060.ht...

Posted: 29 Oct 2005 6:27AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: de villa el palndo, villalpando, Olaes
Juan de villa el Pando and Ursula de Olaes
parents of Juan de villa el Pando

Does anybody have any further documentation on Juan de villa el pando and Ursula Olaes and/or their son Juan de villa el Pando.

Is the son accepted to be from spain or mexico or is it unknown

Does anybody have any records of the marriage of Juan and Ursula

Does anybody know where one might find the baptism of the son Juan de villa el Pando, where one might look, or have any suggestions or recommendations. If you are somebody working on this or know somebody that is please let me know.

Also, does anybody know where one might find the marriage record of Juan and Ursula, where one might look, or have any suggestions or recommendations. If you are sombody working on this or know somebody that is please let me know.

I have seen "records" that say the son if from Mexico and others that say Spain

Origins of New Mexico Families shows Juan de villa el Pando was a native of la villa de leon, and a soldier of Santa Fe, when he married Ana Maria Romero, June 2, 1694. His parents were Juan de villa el Pando and Ursula Olaes. He was dead by 1718, when a son of theirs got married; his widow was known also as "la panda".

His mariage record states: Juan de villalpando, presidio soldier, n. of La Villa del Con(il), son of Juan de Villa el Pando and Ursula de Olaes, and Maria Romero, d. of Alonso Romero and Maria de Tapia, natives of New Mexico....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Spain---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The northern plateau
The autonomous region of Castile and Leon includes much of northern Spain. Castile and Leon borders Asturias and Cantabria in the north, the Basque Country, La Rioja, Aragon, Castile-La Mancha and Madrid in the east, Extremadura and Castilla-La Mancha in the south; and Portugal and Galicia in the west.

Castile and Leon belong to the lower northern plateau with the exception of the north eastern province of Burgos that is lies in the Ebro depression. The whole area is surrounded by mountains. There are notable foothills arising from the Cantabrian mountain range in the north. The Leon mountains, also in the north, lie in the shadow of these mountains. The Iberian mountain range rises from the northeast, with numerous sierras crossing over into the region.

Formerly the capital of the medieval kingdom of the same name, it was united with Castilla in the 13th century.
The city's most famous monument is its great 13th-century Gothic cathedral known for its stained-glass and rose windows. Also important to visit is the Romanesque Church of San Isidoro with the pantheon of monarchs from Castilla y Leon. One of Antoni Gaudi's more conservative buildings is in León, Casa de Botines. The San Marcos monastery is a good example of the Renaissance period. On the outskirts of Leónare the Roman gold mines, Las Medulas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Mexico-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leon City is located to the north of the State of Guanajuato, by th FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=Triumphal Arch in leon, guanajuato, mexico"

History: In Pre-Hispanic times this region was originally inhabited by a diverse variety of inus tribes, such as the Toltecas, Chichimecas and Guamares. The Alfaro and Ibarrilla archaeological sites outside Leon, show that the most ancient date back to the Pre-Classic period.

Viceroy Don Martin Enriquez de Almanza originally founded Villa de Leon on January 20, 1576 as a defense stronghold against attracts by the Chichimeca tribe, Leon became a municipality in 1980, then officially became a city in 1830 and given the name Leon de los Aldama. During the Mexican Independence movement, Leon suffered economically, socially and politically.

1579 Luis de Carbajal returns to Spain and makes a contract with the King to conquer and settle six hundred square leagues with name New Realm of Leon. 117-63 After crossing the San Juan river and naming it, he entered into the Monterrey area. From there, Carbajal traveled north and then east and arrived at the site where he established the new settlement of Leon (Cerralvo). Carbajal was a Portuguese Jew and traveled with an expedition of about 200 men, many of whom were from the old province of Leon in Spain. The area was very similar to there home in Spain, so the men named the new province Nuevo Reino de Leon (New Realm of Leon). 117-3 Later with some settlers from Saltillo, Carbajal established a settlement north of the springs of Monterrey and named it San Luis. Carbajal named as the first councilman, Gaspar de Castaño, who during this time settled a farm known as San Francisco (Apodoca). 117-66

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 4:35PM GMT
Im just trying to find some relatives i live in North Carolina my fathers name is Jesus Villalpando. i was just wondering if we had any kind of family relation.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Villalpando; Orona; Hernandez; Luna
My father was Ricardo Villalpando, born in El Paso, TX April 1914; his father was Antonio Villalpando, a tailor in Cuidad Juarez, MX; his mother was Carlota Hernandez (Villalpando) Luna. I was born in El Paso, TX on Aug. 2, 1937. We moved to Los Angeles, CA in 1941; my mother was Raquel Orona Villalpando.

Posted: 1 Jul 2012 8:02PM GMT
my name is jose villalpando,jr from dallastexas and my grand father was jesus villalpando who was born 1897 and die 8-28-1948.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic