Search for content in message boards

US Southern Claims Commission

US Southern Claims Commission

Posted: 7 Dec 2013 6:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have page after page of questions being asked from one witness. At the end of the questions, the witness is sworn and subscribed. It is but a single line and does not resemble any of the Oaths of Testimony used as an example. Is this a cover page or an Oath of Testimony? Other than the date and the {illegible) witness signature, there is no other information.
Also, I have a page where a witness is listed as a Dr. John Smith. It is clear that he is a physician. There is no place for a prefix to be added, only a suffix. Should I ignore the Dr., or add M D in the suffix field?

Re: US Southern Claims Commission

Posted: 7 Dec 2013 1:18PM GMT
I know the answer to your second question - if it doesn't actually say MD on the image you would not key it as a suffix, and if there is no prefix you wouldn't key Dr. Not sure about the first question.

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 2:45AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I hope someone can answer the first question since I cannot proceed with these records otherwise and soon this group will need to be sent to someone else. Here is the question again:
I have page after page of questions being asked from one witness. At the end of the questions, the witness is sworn and subscribed. It is but a single line and does not resemble any of the Oaths of Testimony used as an example. Is this a cover page or an Oath of Testimony? Other than the date and the {illegible) witness signature, there is no other information that can be entered.

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 8:00AM GMT
Having refreshed my memory of this project, I believe it would be a Cover Page.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions