Search for content in message boards

Walkers from Kansas

Walkers from Kansas

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 2:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker
I am still in search of information on Laymond Alvin Walker, Sr., my grandfather. He lived in Pawnee, OK and Wichita, Kansas. He worked for the Missouri Pacific Railroad and was in the military during WWII. He passed away in 1976 in Texas. I have come across some history that is different that told to us originally, so I am anxious to uncover more information. Please respond if you have any information.

Re: Walkers from Kansas

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 8:00PM GMT
According to my records, Laymond was born 8/14/1913 in Pawnee. I do not have any more info on him with me, but from his parents (David Milroy Walker and Sarah Ellen Curtis) on back several generations, I do have info. Of Laymond's four other siblings, Golden is the only one I have marriage information on. David Milroy Walker was my great uncle (Harry N Walker is my grandpa...)

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:00PM GMT
I'm interested in your Harry N. Walker line as I have several Kansas ancestors too. Can you tell me more?

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 11:14PM GMT
My great grandfather Clark Walker was born in Indiana and moved to Kansas after the Civil War. Harry Nugget Walker was born in Burden, Ks in 1879 and married my grandmother, Hazel Irine McQuiston (Dexter,KS) in Newkirk, OK. Clark and the majority of his family moved on to Pawnee, OK. Some of the family members stayed in Kansas--I have their info if you are interested. Several of the members of this family are buried in the Masham cemetery north of Pawnee, OK.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT
Sorry, Bev, I have a load of Walkers both in KS and OK, but none link to Indiana. I'll keep my eye out though as I continue working those two states for my "shirt-tail" relatives.
Rick
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions