Search for content in message boards

SCHADE

Posted: 26 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 12:20AM GMT
Searching for village or towwn in Mecklenberg my grFa Karl Schade came from. I have checked all available records Church, census, etc. and only Mecklenberg is listed. He imm. to US in 1877 settled in Mn. His father's name Fredrick, mothers & bros. & sisters names unknown. Anyone with this surname please reply.

SCHATTE

Ken Schatte (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Greetings from Texas. My people immigrated from Lusatia (NE Germany) in 1854, to Galveston TX. They were "Wendish" people who left to escape linguistic and religious oppression, settling at Serbin TX, where they built a Lutheran church and a small town. Today, all that remains is the church and a Wendish Heritage Museum. Serbin is located near Austin.
Posted: 13 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2005 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Beier, Beyer, Berkmann, Bergman, Gau, Koester, Mueller, Regling
I have SCHADE ancestors from Labbeescher, M-Strelitz. Heinrich Fr. SCHADE b 1739 d 1811 m 1779 to Anna D Gau. Their dau. Johanna b 1787 m Johann Koester b 1776. Labbeescher was part of the Triepkendorf parish.

response to Mona Houser

Posted: 14 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 12:20AM GMT
Surnames: Schade
Thank you for your information. I really appreciated it and will check it out and keep in my files. Did any of your Schades come to US? If so where did they settle? The area I come from in Mn. has many Koester families living there. Are they related somehow to the Schades? Thank you again.

Ardis Meyer
Posted: 20 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Hi Ardis, Johanna Schade m Johann Koester in 1814. That's when I lose the Schade name. In the next generation I lose the Koester name when Hanna Koester married Joachim Regling, 1840. I'm not aware of any of these surnames coming to the US. When my grandfather Mueller (grandson of the Koester-Regling marriage) came, he joined a couple Mueller uncles in Nebraska.

I've heard that "Koester" means keeper or caretaker of sacred things. It's an occupational name that was used all over Germany.

Thanks for replying.

search

Mary McCormick (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bergman
I'm searching for any of my grandfather's family that may still be in Germany. His name was Joseph Bergman, born in 1847 in what was then Metz, Germany. He emigrated to the US in 1873, and married my grandmother in 1875 in Lewiston, MN. They had 6 children, and I'm also looking for one of Joseph's daughters named Ida. Joseph died in 1921 in St. Paul, MN
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reglin, Regling
Thanks, CloAnn. I'll check the maps to see if that's anywhere near Triepkendorf.

Rechlin

CloAnn Proulx (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reglin
The info I have states August Reglin place of birth:
Freidland, Mechlenburg, Strelitz, Germany

Re: SCHATTE

Craig S. Schkade (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 5:46PM GMT
Hello
My name is Craig S. Schkade. All my ancestors are also from the Serbin area including Schkade, Lehmann, Wagner, Kurio, and a few others. While searching, I do see the name Schatte sometimes. My question to you is, what is the Sorben/Wendish translation of your name? It could be of great help to you depending on where you are in your research. Also, I'd like to say that I will keep an I out for your name while searching. Lately I have been into the microfilmed church records thru the LDS. I have seen the name Schade but not Schatte. It would help if you knew the Sorben translation. Please feel free to call:
H: 817-548-1986
W: 817-335-6511

Sincerely,
Craig S. Schkade

Re: SCHATTE

Ardis Meyer (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Schade Theiss Warnake
Thank you for your message. I believe the meaning of my family name (in German)Schade is "pitiful one". I researched in Schwerin, Mecklenberg Germany archives a couple of years ago. I did not run into any spellings such as Schatte. In Germany Schade is pronounced Schada. Did your family come from the Mecklenburg area? I will keep you e-mail in my file and call you soon.
Ardis Meyer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic