Search for content in message boards

mason county ky -wood, benjamin, asbury, etc.

mason county ky -wood, benjamin, asbury, etc.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wood
This post was deleted by the author on 19 Apr 2013 3:24AM GMT

Re: mason county ky -wood, benjamin, asbury, etc.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:04PM GMT
I just today, corrected information posted to my ancestry tree due to having shown the incorrect Benjamin Wood. I too, have Ashberry Wood as an ancestor - via John Wood > Stephen Albert Wood, all of Millville. I am now looking at Benjamin Wood and read the content of 1797 will and I agree with your statements. I will keep you appraised of any interesting findings.

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 1:06AM GMT
Do u have a copy of John wood obituary? I found it at library it is in my tree if u have a pd acct if not I can email you a copy. I am glad to find someone who agrees with me or at least doesn't tell I am wrong without even rethinking things!!!

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: wood manning
I have WOODs that were in Mason Co KY just before 1800 but I do not match any of the given names I see here except John. My WOODs married MANNINGs and came from PA. They later moved across the Ohio River to Clermont Co. OH.

I would like to compare notes and see if these famlies are connected. Most of my information is available on my website at http://mywoodfamily.us.

Walter Wood
Apopka, FL

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 9:42PM GMT
I have it! I bet I swiped it from you. I will check your website for other information. Thanks, Rick

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 9:45PM GMT
Sorry. Not website - family tree. Rick

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 8:52PM GMT
My John wood was born in Henry county indiana, I will check your site out hopefully later today or tomorrow, thanks for sharing the link

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 9:51AM GMT
rick,

i think i might of found something else about benjamin..i found an isaac wood, that supposedly had the following children, isaac, james, william, benjamin, moses, hannah, and mary.

we know in 1780 a petition was signed for something or another, it was in PA, i think trying to get WV a state but i could be wrong. with the following names acquilla wood, benjamin wood, isaac wood, james wood, william wood, isaac wood jr.

1788 tax list cumberland township, washington county PA
isaac wood, moses wood, benjamin wood

1793 mason county ky early settlers of age
rev william wood and wife sarah(this is still a mystery if it is the same william wood as above, christopher wood, george wood, richard wood, moses wood, benjamin wood.

i think this might be our benjamin,

another reason why i think issac is benjamins dad is in his will he listed some land named aquillas inheritence!!! aquilla of course being the name of benjamins son...

also..and now this is just a thought, in some research about this issac wood it said the wood property was located near the town of level, maryland....benjamins daughter nancy married a leavell(also seen as level, and levl)

none of the research i found showed anyone researching the benjamin, they were more interested in william, which wasn't the REV william wood...yet rev william wood researchers, and this william wood researchers are both using the same william wood info, like the petition, and mason county settlers etc...

what do you think...could it be??? could benjamin finally have a father and mother????

oh isaac wood married elizabeth wilborn/wellborne ...

excited to hear your thoughts

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 9:56AM GMT
walter, i looked at your wood info, i didn't have anything jump out at me, i have made some possible new discoveries on my line, so after i work on that for awhile, because i think a lot of the wood in mason county were related, i will be able to look again and hopefully make a connection.

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 11:11PM GMT
I just found a reference to a Benjamin Wood who came to KY with his father George. Check it out on page 1638.

http://books.google.com/books?id=E2m43HWFcrMC&pg=PA1638&...

per page

Find a board about a specific topic