Search for content in message boards

The Henry and Amelia Louise Becker Fischer Family, Louisville, KY

The Henry and Amelia Louise Becker Fischer Family, Louisville, KY

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fischer, Deitschmann, Becker
I am researching the above-named family as Henry and Amelia Louise are my greatgrandparents. They had an amazing brood of 17 children. They lived at 1110 Milton Avenue for years and years. The house, which no longer exists at least not as that address, was not sold out of the family until after 1949. Many of my relatives still live in that area. Unfortuately, my father, Leland Deitschmann (son of #15, Caroline Fischer), had virtually no interest in keeping up with the family. He neglected to introduce me to any of his aunts, uncles, cousins although many of them attended Zion E&R Church (it was originally Milton Ave. E&R) with us. I have been working for a couple of years to fill in the blanks for the Fischer family. I have a lot of information, but still need more. If you are related to any descendants of Henry and Amelia Louise, I would love to hear from you. My only source now, due to many deaths in the family, is my cousin, Carol Sturgis, daughter of my dad's sister Bessie. She remembers a good deal, but her info is almost as sketchy as mine. Those people didn't talk! Thank you--Linde Grace White, Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: The Henry and Amelia Louise Becker Fischer Family, Louisville, KY

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 12:59AM GMT
Dear Ms. White,

I'm wondering if one of the children of Henry & Amelia was named George E. Fischer? Having spent a few years in Lousiville (1952-1957), I wondered if George was ever married to Virginia G. Grever from Cincinnati/Louisville. Was he in the service? Serve in Korea?

Might be my father. Interesting, eh?

I'd like to hear from you if any of this rings a bell with you and/or your sister.

Sincerely,

Barry

Posted: 1 Oct 2013 2:27AM GMT
Here's what I can tell you. Henry and Amelia had 12 children who lived to adulthood. Not a one of them was named George. However, I found a George Fischer on the 1860 census while looking up Henry's brother, so this George might be Henry's nephew and could have started a line of George Fischers. This George was born in 1859. That is the only connection I can make between your Fischers and mine. I actually have no sister. I had a brother, but he is deceased. I grew up in Louisville and now live in Cincinnati. I have a Fischer second cousin here, but I know his pedigree and it doesn't include a George at any point. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I wish you every success in your search. Linde Grace

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 2:11AM GMT
I am Carol's DIL. She has tasked me with finding more information regarding the Deitschmann (Deutschman) lineage. I was wondering if you could share what all info you might have so I can compile more. I was hoping to gift her with a better, more detailed family history for her 85th birthday in April.

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 1:59PM GMT
Hi, Barbara! If you go on The White Tree on Ancestry and look for the Fischers or Deutschmann/Deitschmanns you will find all I know. I have posted most of the pictures, etc. that I have. I will be glad to invite you as an editor on my tree so you can download or print anything you want. Carol has a copy of the family history I put together about 2 years ago, but that will be hard to get if you want to surprise her. If you need it, I will copy all the relevant info and send it to you, but, of course, I need a street address for that. I can send you scans of pictures, too, but Carol has more than I do! I am still doing research on this side of the family. Carol asked me to look up her father a while ago and I did a little research. Then she said she didn't want to go into it, so I don't know where that stands. There is a little info on Mayberry on my tree. I hope this is some help. Let me know what else I can do to help you. Linde Grace

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 6:20PM GMT
Hi Linde
I have the Fischer/Deitschmann info - Carol sent it to me a while back but I never got around to doing any research. I did copious amounts for the Sturgis side several years ago and tracked down 15 generations. She thought I might be able to dig further on her side. I'm just getting started so I don't have much of anything to share. You can email me at Kikasamim1@gmail.com and we can take this to private mode.
Thanks for anything you can share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions