Search for content in message boards

Michael Du Bois Woods

Michael Du Bois Woods

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2013 12:02PM GMT
My record indicates that Michael Du Bois Woods lived to be 100
b1585 d1685
His father was Pierre Du Bois whose father was Charles Du Bois De Fiennes and on back to the year1080. The relationship takes us to Knights Templar, Baldwin I King of the Holy Land.

From Michael Du Bois Woods we travel down to Richard Woods, then Sir JohnWoods whose wife was Isabella Bruce ( and she can be traced to Robert The Bruce King of Scotland. There are several JohnWoods and then an Alexander Woods

From What I can gather between Sir John Woods and Alexander Woods your family branches off and the s is lost and changed to Wood. Sir John Woods traveled to Ireland with Cromwells Army to capture Ireland and he and his wife stayed there. The Town of Meath comes up in our records also.

Thus it appears we are related.

If you travel back to Robert the Bruce and his grandparents. His grandmother was a Le Clare and her Father and grandfather were two of the Barons who forced King John to sign the Magna Charta.

The De Finnes, DuBois, and Le Clare's all came over from France with William the Conqueror and fought at the Battle of Hastings to capture England. For that they received land from the new King.

The Le Clare's were also descendents of Charlemagne.

Ronald W. Woods. D.C.
woodschiro2@gmail.com

Re: Michael Du Bois Woods

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: wood
Hello my name Rhonda J. Adkison and my mother name is Jeanette Wood, and here fathers name is Robert leo Wood. And if this all correct then Robert wood is my 8th great grandfather. Im doing this family tree for a gift to my mother, and for my son to know where and who there ancestors come from. Please let me know if this is true.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions