Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Peter Brown of the Mayflower Pilgrims

Descendants of Peter Brown of the Mayflower Pilgrims

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to hear from any descendants of the gentleman mentioned above. Thank you, Lionhearts.

Re: Descendants of Peter Brown of the Mayflower Pilgrims

carol O'Daniels (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 1:32AM GMT
Hi,. I'm a descendent of this Brown line. John I- IV, Thomas, Nicholas Edward, Christopher etc.
Latest Noah Brown and Louisa Abigail Willilams Brown.

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 2:04AM GMT
Hi Carol! I`m related to the Aldens,Mullins,Eatons,and Priests,of the Mayflower by bloodlines and related to every other Mayflower family through inter-marriage,including the wonderful Brown family. Are you related to any other "pilgrim"families? If so,may I ask to whom? I believe the Browns are one of the bigger families also. Thanx for replying. If you would care to compare notes about our mutual relations, feel free to write me. Sincerely Yours, Lionhearts.

carol (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 3:43AM GMT
What info do you have on the /Brown family? I have Peter Brown as married to a Mary Hard and a Martha Foorde.
I don't think I have much info except the names of the signers of the Mayflower Compact.
I also have Edward Browne's father as a Thomas Browne and Peter as a brother to Edward. I know this contradicts some research but the dates work out right this way. Some people have Peter's father as Edward but Edward was born in 1586 and Peter born in 1596. But one source agreed with me that Edward and Peter were brothers. I don't know how Edward got over here. I can't find his name on any ship list of immigrants.

I've been working on this Browne tree for a few years and just when I think it is nearly complete, I find another 'cousin' who can add more history.
Thanks
Carol

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 7:55PM GMT
Regarding your question about the marriages,I don`t think I can help you there, but here are some surnames that may be of some help to you,as I am related to some of the following,also:Mary Browne,Helkiah Tinkham,Peter Tinkham,Issac Tinkham,Ephraim Tinkham,Rebecca Browne,William Snow,Susanna Snow,James Snow,Nathan Snow,Jonathon Snow,Jesse Snow,David Wade, Joseph Carver,Mehitable Rickard,Eleazer Rickard,Abner Rickard,Elijah Rickard,Benjamin Harris,and Rebecca Snow! These are all documented veterans of the American Revolutionery War and descendants of Peter Browne. I am related to the Snow,Tinkham,Carver,and of course, The Brown families,through the intermarriage with the Alden;Eaton,Mullins;Priest,Standish, and non-Mayflower, Delanos! it is probably safe to say that you are related to all of the Mayflower FAMILIES by blood or marriage.I hope that this is helpful to you,and would appreciate any and all info re: our mutual families. Most sincerely yours,cousin, Lionhearts.

clarence brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 10:59PM GMT
hi , saw your message and was wondering if in you researce of the brown family ,if any Gardner or Freeman Browns show up? i have searching for there farthers name the last info i found on them was in Massena ,ny in the late 1700's.

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 3:43AM GMT
Hi Clarence! I`m sorry but I don`t have the "info" you seek, if I did,I would be more then happy to help you out. Good Luck, Lionhearts!

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: MILLINGTON OR MEHITABLE
According to my family legend I am a direct descendent of someone on the Mayflower. I just don't know who.
It could be either Peter Millingotn or his wife Mehitable Josephine or Josephine Mehitable( that is all I know for sure).
If you can tie this to anyone in ur research, I would like to hear from u 1 way or the other

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 8:02PM GMT
Hi Jackie! YOU did`nt give me much info,but you may have given me just enough to aid you. I believe you are talking about Mayflower Pilgrim, John "Billington"and Elinor "Billington"and their descendants.Mehitable was a fairly common girl name,used amongst various 'Mayflower families'. If you "are" related to this fine pilgrim family,then you are related to several U.S. Presidents, "First Ladies", and myself,as my Pilgrim families,intermarried,with the Billingtons. If you and others would like info re:my posts at the wonderful,and resourceful, 'ROOTS WEB.COM, then "E" me at Lionhearts@infowest.com. Good luck,God bless,and thanks to you,and Roots-Web.Com! Sincerely, Lionhearts!

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 8:17PM GMT
I am reasearching the Brown family and found a pedigree on Familysearch.org which suggests that I am related to Peter Brown of the Mayflower. However, I have found conflicting evidence that Peter Brown did not have any male heirs. Does anyone have documented evidence one way or the other?? I have found a LOT of errors on the Family Search site which makes me leary of anything from that site. Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, Deborah Stewart
per page

Find a board about a specific topic