Search for content in message boards

Repley Family

Repley Family

Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Repley, Gilger, Weaver
I'm looking for information on the Repley family of Northumberland County. In particular the family of Henry Repley and Margaret Weaver. Henry and Margaret are my Gx5grandparents.
Their daughter Elizabeth was b:April 29, 1796 d: April 6, 1845 and married Adam Gilger on June 29, 1813 in Shamokin Twp., Northumberland Cty. Elizabeth and Adam are my Gx4grandparents.
Any information on the other children of Henry and Margaret, and their parents is needed.
Thank you..Mike Gordon

Repley Family

Berda Reitz (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reitz, Rhoads, Schlagle-Schlegel, Buckles, Others
I have Henry Repley and Margaret Weaver Repley of Shamokin Twp.Northumbland County as the parents of 3 children(although there could be more).
1. John b. Dec.26 1789 m. 1. Jane Zartman 2. Rachel Sober Campbell (my husband's 5xgrandfather)
2. Mary Repley b.Apr 21 1792 m. Jesse Weeks
3.Elizabeth b.Apr.20 1794 m. Adam Gilger
The information I have has John buried at Oak Grove cemetery and the other 2 above mentioned children buried at Blue Church Cemetery.
I have photos of the tombstones of John and his family but, unfortunately not of the family you are looking for.

Repley Family

Posted: 30 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Repley, Weaver, Zartman, Sober, Campbell, Weeks
Hello Breda,
Thanks for the confirmation on some of my data. I do have a couple of items that don't match. I have Mary Repley's birth date as Apr. 05, 1792 and Elizabeth's birthday as Apr. 29, 1796.

I'm related thru Elizabeth and Adam Gilger, they are my Gx4grandparents...Thanks again Mike

George Washington Weeks

Sherri Iman (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Weeks
Do you have any information on a George Washington Weeks?
The only information I have about his birth is that he was born in 1828 in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. Before his death in 1901 on the 1900 census of Champaign County, Ohio he stated that his father was from Scotland and his mother was from Germany. Can you help?

Re: Repley Family

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Repley, Cooke, Snyder
Since your inquiry was about 4 years ago I expect you may already have information on the Henry Repley/Margaret Weaver's children. Regardless, here's a summary of what I have.

Margaret Weaver's parents were Michael Weaver (Weber) and Margaret Hess, both were born in 1739 in Wuerttemburg, Germany, married about 1763, immigrated to the US in 1769, served in Continental Army, had at least 13 children. Michael died 8/21/1821. Margaret Hess Weaver died in 1822. The family I'm related to is John Repley, first son, born 12/26/1789 in Northumberland, married Jane Zartman (b: 1792 Northumberland). John died 11/5/1864, Jane before 1835. Their third child, Henry Repley was born 4/7/1820, married Mary Ellen Scott in 1844. Two children, Ursula & John. Ursula married David H. Snyder and had one child - Eulalia Snyder, she married George Washington Cooke 1/12/1893 and they had 8 children. Amy Pearl Cooke is my great grandmother. She married Robert Anderson. They had 8 children.

I've got some additional details if you need them but I expect you've already got much of the details by now. I haven't been able to find any information on the Repley's prior to Henry Repley's birth in 1762. Do you know what country the Repley's came from?

Posted: 20 Mar 2005 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2005 10:24AM GMT
Surnames: Gilger
Hello from Oregon!

It seems I have a William Haas b. abt 1796 in PA married to Suzannah Gilger b.abt. 1799 in PA.

I believe that Suzannah was John Adam Gilger's daughter with Elizabeth Hinckle, his first wife.

Ultimately, William and Suzannah lived in Dansville, Livingston County New York (1870 census). They had (at least) two daughters, Mary and Elizabeth. There may have been other children.

Mary Haas married James Murphy; and their daughter Mary Susan Murphy married Lawrence Scott McCurdy.

Do any of these names sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

Colleen McCurdy Northup

Posted: 19 Dec 2007 1:14AM GMT
Hello, I'm not related, but I'm wondering if your Adam Gilger ever owned the Big Mountain Tavern in Bear Gap, Northumberland co PA.
My 3rd great grandfather, Peter Yeager was an inn keeper at the tavern/hotel in the 1860's-1871.
I was looking to see if Peter ever owned this tavern by doing a deed search, nothing came up for Peter, but I did find a deed between Adam Gilger and William Krickbaum, dated April 1, 1833.

Jeff

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 11:37PM GMT
Hi, If you will send me a direct email about the tavern, I will send you everything I have. Yes, Gilger owed the tavern and I have photos also. If my mind is correct, it was sold after John Adam Gilger died but I will have to locate this information.
I am leaving town and this would be the easiest way for me to check things out.

Thanks.
Nancy Gilger Hyden
nancyhyden@verizon.net

Posted: 9 Jul 2009 11:02PM GMT
Was Amy Pearl COOKE also married to Edward KOONS. I have them on the 1930 census, Ralpho Twp., Northumberland, I also have Ruth ANDERSON age 9 resided with grandparents George & Eulalia. Edward & Pearl KOONS with children; Russell age 5 1/2, Lee age 4, Leona age 4, Grace & Elmer age un-readable. Ralpho Twp on Page 17b
respond to donschleighess@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2013 4:57PM GMT
Yes Amy Pearl Cooke was married to Eward Koons. Grace and Elmer would have been two. Ruth, Elmer, Leona and Grace are all still alive. Ruth lives in Virginia, Grace and Leona in California and Elmer in New York.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions