Search for content in message boards

Shaw

Posted: 19 Oct 2008 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query

Looking for Shaw's related to Samuel Sr, Samuel Jr and William S Shaw. I've traced Samuel Sr, born 1762, back to Spencertown, Columbia County,NY where he and his wife Elizabeth are buried at St Peters Presbyterian Cemetery. Samuel Jr moved to Sherburne, Chenango County, NY around 1800. He and his wife Theodosia are buried there at the Christ Church Cemetery. Around 1835 their son William S Shaw moved to Elgin Illinois, married Ruth Ann Strong and they raised ten children. Samuel and Theodosia's other children in Sherburne inclueded: Mervin H, Edmund Perlee, Hiram King,
George W, Daniel L, Harriet, and Elizabeth Shaw.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 6:12PM GMT
At one time I thought there was a connection with my family from Chenango Co. & the Shaws, but it didn't prove out. I have a set of tintypes I bought online attributed to the Shaws of Chenango Co. & Elgin, Illinois. They are not individually identified but are probably from the 1840s - 1860s. I could scan them if you would like. I'm sorry I don't have much else.
Betty
Posted: 30 Oct 2008 10:42AM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
Hi Betty,
I'll give you my email if you want to send the scanned images. If you have trouble doing that I could give you my home adddress. dshaw1@nycap.rr.com
Thanks for your response,
Dennis Shaw
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions