Search for content in message boards

Abbeville or Anderson, SC

Abbeville or Anderson, SC

Posted: 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 May 2002 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ashley, Burton
Looking for information on Joshua Ashley b. 01-19-1810 d. 10-23-1899 and his wife Mary "Polly" Burton b. 09-29-1910 d. 10-10-1886 that lived in Abbeville and Anderson counties, SC
thanks, Jo Ann
Posted: 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 10:53PM GMT
Surnames: ASHLEY
Although they are not in my direct Ashley line, I do know that this Joshua Ashley and Polly (Burton) Ashley are buried at Little River Baptist Church in Abbeville Co., SC.

I have a Joshua and Frances (Abel) Ashley in my line, but it's a different Joshua, and he and his wife are buried in Anderson Co. at Mt. Bethel Baptist Church. Oddly, they both have a daughter, Polly......

Other than that, I don't have information on the "other" Joshua. If I find something, I'll pass it on.

Re: A Mr. Ashley who Married my gg aunt Susie Moore

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 7:19PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2005 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Ashley, Gentry, McCurley, Charping
I am looking for the name and family background on a Mr. Ashley who was married to my gg aunt Susie Moore in Anderson Co. She lived from 1890 - 1987. Do you have anyone in your database that was married to this Susie Moore.
Thanks,
Clarke Thompson
Columbia, SC
clarke@sc.rr.com

Re: A Mr. Ashley who Married my gg aunt Susie Moore

Annette McClellan (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, ASHLEY
I don't find a Susie Moore who married an Ashley in my database, but my records aren't complete.

A good source to check would be The Ashley Family by Allen Ashley. It's possibly in the book, but I don't have a copy of it.

Annette

Re: A Mr. Ashley who Married my gg aunt Daisy Sara Jane Moore

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Gentry, Ashley, Yeargin, Lovelace
I'm sorry Annette, I made a mistake. It was Susie Moore's sister who married Mr. Ashley, Daisy Sara Jane Moore. She was born Jan. 28, 1886 in Starr, SC, I have been told she may be buried in the Little River Baptist Ch. Cem., Level Land, Anderson Co. She was the daughter of Lawrence Leroy Moore and Bettie Lovelace of Starr SC. If you could check your records for that name I would much appreciate it. I will also check on that book by Allen Ashley. It sounds interesting. Thanks!

Clarke

Annette McClellan (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, ASHLEY
I don't have it in the database, but the name does look AWFULLY familiar. There's a lot of notes I have taken over the last few months that I have not yet transcribed into the database. Give me a couple of days to look back over them, and see what I can come up with.......

Annette

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Gentry, Ashley, Yeargin, Lovelace
per page

Find a board about a specific topic