Search for content in message boards

Higgins or Swanson Families

Higgins or Swanson Families

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 9:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Higgins, Swanson
Looking for information on the Higgins or Swanson families from Lincoln county.

Information I have to date includes:

James Higgins born Sept 1853 Canada. Married to Mary born 1860. Had many children (Mary, Angelina, James, Maggie, Lillie, Emma, Melinda, John, Percy, Francis, Agnes and Clarence (or Charles, possible James' grandson)).

Francis (Frank) T. Higgins born June 1893. Married Clara born 1896. Had many children (Francis, Earl, Pearl, Betty, Marilyn, Lila, Claire and Tom).

I am looking for any information on the above named individuals.

Also, looking for information on the Swanson family.

The only names I am aware of are Nels and possibly Henrietta Swanson. Of Swedish descent. Had children Ursona, Jim, Gurneath, Hazel, Hariette, Simon, Willard and Lenore. Most were born 1905 or later.

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Higgins or Swanson Families

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Higgins,Swanson
Fran & Dolly (Swanson) Higgins were our next door neighbors in Tomahawk, Wi and I still keep in touch with their daughter. Are you still searching?

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 3:00PM GMT
Clarance Higgins was my father born March 1900. I have birth and death dates for his brothers and sisters if you would like them, please contact me. Thank you. Catherine Higgins-Page.

Posted: 8 Aug 2014 1:39PM GMT
I am still searching, suspect that the daughter you are speaking of is my aunt Terry. Butch is my father and am working on putting the family tree together for them.

Posted: 8 Aug 2014 1:41PM GMT
Hi Catherine

Fran and Dolly were my grandparents and I am looking to update the family tree for my dad. Any informatoin you could send over would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 9 Aug 2014 1:06AM GMT
Krista - yes we are talking about the same Higgins family. Tell your dad that Karen from Tomahawk says Hi. We were neighbors. I was very good friends with Colleen and have lots of fun memories.. I do have some photos.

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 11:46AM GMT
Lovely to meet you, Karen! I will be sure to say hello to my dad from you. I am his youngest and am living in the UK but attempting to get some info on the family. If you do have any photos to share, that would be fabulous!

Posted: 10 Aug 2014 7:37PM GMT
KRISTA - Since connecting with you, my memories have certainly gone back to my Prospect Ave days here in Tomahawk. Colleen was two years older than me, but we had alot of fun times together. Growing up next to the Wisconsin River gave us lots of swimming time. So many stories. Do you have any photos of Colleen? Terri has said she has movie videos and I sure would love to see them. How is Butch. He was always that "little kid" that kept bothering us. Our entire neighborhood was full of boys his age, they would have stories. When Colleen was taken from us, part of me went with her. That morning when Dolly & Fran came running over to our house with the tragic news will forever be with me. Such sorrow! Dolly & my mom were also the best of friends, living so close. Where are your dad & Vernon now? Do they ever get back here to Tomahawk?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions