Search for content in message boards

Mathew Ward of McNairy Co., TN

Mathew Ward of McNairy Co., TN

Brenda Ward (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 3:39PM GMT
Looking for information on Mathew Ward. B- unknown. D-1826 to 1830 in McNairy Co., TN. He possibly married "Phamy" Famariah(last name unknown)1800-1810 in North Carolina.
Children:
Luke Ward B-1810 NC. Mar.-Lucy ? before 1935
@McNairy Co.,TN. D-aft 1830 McNairy Co.TN
Wife Lucy (need all info on her)
Eliza Drupina:Born 1815, North Carolina. D-
aft 1880 McNairy Co.TN. (need all family
info.)
Nathan Gilbert: B-Jun 16 1821. Willison Co.,
TN; D-Jan 05 1891,McNairy Co.,TN.(need
all family info.)
Lavinia :B-1826 TN. ( Need all family info.)
D-unknown
Martha B-TN (Need all family info.)

I have decendents of Luke and Lucy Ward. I'm willing to share what I know with anyone willing to do same.
Brenda Ward

Ward:

Marilyn Schindall (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 4:45PM GMT
My maiden name was Ward. My dad was James Edward Ward, b. 1923 in Marion Co., Ala., he was the son of Joseph B. Ward and Autie McCaleb. My dad talked of living in Ark., Tenn.as a young boy. My grandfather said they lived on lool-out mountain. But my grandfather told of his family coming from OK. in a covered wagon. His mother was a cherokee indian, her last name was Shirey. Let me know if you would like to trade info.
Thanks
Marilyn

Wards of Ar. Tn. and OK.

Brenda Ward (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2000 1:05PM GMT
I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I checked my family information and I don't have a James Edward or a Joseph B. Ward. If you could tell me the father of Joseph B. Ward, I may be able to help you. I would be glad to share what info I have.
Brenda Ward raven@pldi.net

Ward and Shirey connection

mel (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 7:26PM GMT
Marilyn,
I am descended from Charley Y. Ward and Arrona Shirey of Marion county Alabama. I have heard the story of the covered wagon also from my grandmother. Please reply, I would love to hear from you!
Mel

Ward

Renay (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 6:21PM GMT
I have little information about my father's family but I do know.
Albert Rubin Ward (married Mary Eugenia Cole)b 05/14/1898 d 1966
William Sherman Ward (married Mary Harms) b 09/02/1865 d 11/18/1941
Jim B Ward (married Mary J) b 1838 d 1919

William Sherman Ward had 2 brothers, named LUKE OMIE WARD, their fathers name was Jim or James B? Ward, moved from a small town around Nashville Tn when Luke was about 5 years of age, the town no longer exists, that was about 1869. They were headed for Decatur, TX but stayed in Arkansas for about 2 years, they then moved to Decatur, TX, then to Dolsville, Ok which was about 2 miles from Roff, Ok this town no longer exists, then they moved to Pauls Valley, OK and then at last to Galey, Ok.

I canvassed the McGee Cemetery located outside Stratford, Oklahoma where a lot of Wards are buried. Would like to share information with you and would appreciate any assistance.

Wards

Renay (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 6:34PM GMT
I am researching my fathers family, his grandfather was William Sherman Ward, W.S. Ward had 2 brothers that I know of Omie and Luke, they lived in Tennessee prior to moving to Arkansas, then to Texas and finally settled in Oklahoma. Do you have any information you would care to share? Please email me lha226@earthlink.net
Posted: 22 Apr 2009 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Are you still out there? Contact me at dlc0418@hotmail.com regarding the Ward's.

Thank you.

Debby Cook

Re: Mathew Ward of McNairy Co., TN

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you know for whom Willison Co. was named? Iris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic