Search for content in message boards

Surnames

Surnames

Tanya Scott (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ORR, THOMAS, BUSH
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANY OF THESE SURNAMES WITH ROOTS IN BARBOUR COUNTY. JAMES ORR M. JANE BUSH AND HAD 3 CHILDREN, JAMES, WILLIAM MOSES AND ELIZABETH. JAMES,JR. m. CALLIE THOMAS, WILLIAM m. TERESA BAKER AND ELIZABETH m. CHARLIE SEARCY. THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE.

TANYA
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2005 8:42PM GMT

Haglers and Thomases intermarried extensively. We have some info on those Thomases plus names of others researching. We are interested in learning name of Peter Hagler's daughter who married Morton Thomas.

William Jefferson Bush

Deana Bush (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Pate
William Jefferson Bush, born abt. 1823 in Loren county, GA., married Eliza PAte on June 25, 1842 in Muscogee Co., GA, moved to Barbour Co. Al around 1854. They had 12 children:Francis(1842), James J.(1843), William Washington(1847), John J.(1848), Isaac N.(1850), Thomas(1853), Willie F.(1854), Francis E.(1858), Alexander(1860), Tandy Freeman(1866), Eliza(1867), unknown(1870).
After William and Eliza's deaths at least part of their children moved to Texas. My husband's g.grandfather Tandy, who was about 9 at the time, moved to Tx, apparently with an older brother.
We need more info on William and Eliza and where they came from and parents and any info on any other of their children.

Thomas

tanya Scott (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am not familiar with this side of the Bush family. Sorry that I could not of any help.

Tanya

WILLIAM JEFFERSON BUSH

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: BUSH
I am a great great granddaughter of William Jefferson Bush.
My great grandfather was William Washington Bush who migrated from Barbour Co., AL to Grimes Co.,TX in late 1870 or early 1871. William Jefferson and family were in the Barbour Co. census in 1860 and 1870. He died before the family moved to TX. I assume he is buried in Barbour Co. Does anyone know where he is buried?
Posted: 19 Jul 2001 7:44PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2003 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Williams, Barefield, Grady
Is this Thomas family related to the John D. Thomas family? We have very little information about John D. and are looking for someone who can help us.

Re: Thomas

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2002 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: thomas kettner
Hi! I am looking for my Grgrgrandmother Maria Anariah Thomas who married Gabriel Kettner in 1860 in AL. They are both buried in Waco,TX. Have no knowledge of her family or his.

Re: Surnames

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Harrison, Dunn, Phillips, Sanders, Garner
Tanya,
If your Jane Bush is the daughter of Council Vernon Bush and the sister to Alpheus Sidney Bush, then we are related. Council Vernon Bush is my ggGrandfather. My grandfather was Robert Henry Bush. His parents were Alpheus Sidney Bush, Jr. and Ida Harrison.

Thomesa Dunn Stephens
Posted: 21 Mar 2010 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Hagler, Thomas, Phillips, Helms
I have the John Hagler Family geneology book written by Gordon Hubbard. It shows a Mary Annie Hagler 1838 married a _________ Thomas 1 child by him. Nancy Jane who married Joe Phillips.
She has half siblings Tildy, Lydia and Abram who are Helms'

Re: Thomas

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
I am looking for the family of Nathan Mathew Thomas Barbour County Williamsons Alabama-if u have any info.Please let me know-goodluck with your search!!!!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic