Search for content in message boards

DICE, HARVEY, LEACH

DICE, HARVEY, LEACH

Posted: 14 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Aug 2003 10:21PM GMT

Benjamin DICE (b.1791, Rockbridge Co, Va) married Mary HARVEY (b.1792, Va., d.about 1851, Adair Co, Ky.) but her parents are unknown to me. Six children b. in Adair Co. Son Elijah K. DICE (b.1825, Adair Co, Ky) married Narcissa E. LEACH (b.1821, Adair Co, Ky) but her parents are also unknown.
I seek information on the children of Benjamin DICE and Mary HARVEY, and any leads for the parents of Narcissa LEACH and Mary HARVEY.
and Mary HARVEY.

Re: DICE, HARVEY, LEACH

VIRGINIA DICE LEWIS (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT

WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU REGARDING MY GRANDFATHER, HARRISON D. DICE. HE WAS BORN IN 1881 IN BARREN CO. AND DIED 6-26-66 IN HART CO. HIS MOTHER NAME WAS LOUISE OR LOU IZA FROM ADAIR CO. KY. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. VIRGINIA

Posted: 7 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Virginia; I find no Harrison D. Dice or Louise (Lou Iza) among my records. The children of Benjamin DICE and Mary HARVEY were (Mary E., b. c1821), (Betsy Ann, b. c1824 in Adair Co, d. 1883 there, m. William B. HOLT), (Elijah K., b. 1Nov1825 in Adair Co, d. 24Sep1904 in Adams Co. IL, m. Narcissa E. LEACH in 1841, 6 children), (Martha, b. c1830 in Adair Co), and (James H., b. c1832 in Adair Co, m. Elizabeth Jane ALLEN there, 5 children). Of the son's children, none were named Harrison or married a Louise or Lou Iza. Sorry that this didn't pan out for you. The Dices in my line were Theiss originally, Palatine refugees who through the generations started in Pennslyvania, went to Virginia, split into three groups: Indiana, Tenn/Ky, and Texas. Don't know if your people follow same pathway.
Best wishes,
Tom

Dan Webber (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Tom my name is Dan Webber I am a decendent of Benjamin Dice & Mary Harvey. I have record that they had nine children John H. Dice (died in Civil War) Elzy C. Dice (b.4 Jan 1816, Adair, Kentucky, died in Oregon this is my line.)
Abner Harvey Dice (b. 21 Jan 1821, Green, Kentucky,) Elizabeth Dice went by the name Betsy Ann (b. abt 1818, Adair, Ky) Elijah R. Dice (b. abt 1825, Adair, Ky) James H. Dice (b. Jul 1833, Adair, Ky)
Martha Jane Dice (b. 1829, Adair, Ky) Charlotte Dice (b. 1835,) Mary Dice (b. 1820) sorry I don't have them in order.
I have for Mary Harvey married Benjamin Dice (5 Apr 1813, Adair, Ky.) Father Job Harvey mother Elizabeth Reed. I don't have Narcissa Leach's parents. I have that Elijah R. Dice died in Illinos, Hope this will help, if you need anything else let me know I have a large file on the Dices.
Dan Webber

Posted: 2 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for your response to my Adair Co posting. It is fun discovering cousins! The children count you have for Benjamin Dice and Mary Harvey exceeds my own, but my records are "iffy" gleanings from scattered family trees. These are the matches I see (Your info/My info). Mary b. 1820/ Mary E. b.c1821; Elizabeth aka. Betsy Ann b.c1818/ Betsy Ann b.c1824; Martha Jane b. 1829/ Martha b.c1830; James H. b. Jul 1833/ James H. b.c1832; Charlotte b. 1835/ Charlotte b.c1835; and Elijah R. b.c1825/ Elijah K. (my ancestor) b. 1 Nov 1825 who died in Adams Co, IL, on 24 Sept 1904. We are definitely talking the same folks here, and the info I have other than that for Elijah K. is pretty "soft".

I deeply appreciate learning of children (John H., Elzy C. your ancestor (male or female?), and Abner Harvey). I would love to have any any info regarding this family that you can provide. I, too, have a lot of Dice material from Benjamin back to Va to Pa to Germany, and am willing to send as much as you wish to have. I can also send more detail on Elijah's line (obviously) if you desire it.

Were you aware that Benjamin Dice married twice; first to Mary Harvey and second to a Rhoda P. Taylor in 1853. Ben was a 62 year old widower at the time. Benjamin's daughter, Mary, was "deaf & dumb", and was 25 at the time of her father's second marriage. This may have been a marriage of "convenience" for ol' Ben.

The real break through was your information about the parentage of Mary Harvey. I had zilch on that account. The Dice (Theiss) line and the Harvey line appear to have traveled together for a while (From Pa to Ky/Tn) before scattering. This may prove the missing link I need to other "leads".

Please do get in touch.

Tom Todd
uch.

Tom Todd

Dice,Harvey,Leach

Posted: 1 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 8:46PM GMT
Benjamin Dice and Mary of Adair Co, KY, had at least nine children. They were John H.(died in Civil War), Elsey (to Oregon), Betsy Ann (my ancestor), Mary bn 1820, Abner Harvey, bn 1821 (to Benton Co. MO), Elijah K., bn 1825, James H., bn 1823, Martha Jane, bn 1829, & Charlotte, bn 1835. Elijah K. & Narcissa had 7 children--Parker H.(I have his middle name as Harry), bn 1847, Mary E. bn 1848, Jeremiah L. bn 1850, Amanda L. bn 1852, Benj. F. bn 1854, James A.bn 1858, & Hector O., bn 1859.

HARVEY, WILLCUT

Dixie Willcut (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Searching for the parents of Serilda Frances Harvey b.8/2/1851 Adair Co.,KY d. 6/17/1906. m. Joseph Benjamin Willcut. Any help out there? Thank you!

surnames

Paul Dice (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dice, Harvey, Leach
Hi Tom,
My name is Paul Dice and I have traced my people back to Adair Co. KY. My father was Jerry Thornton Dice,born 7/11/10 youngest son of Jeremiah Leach Dice and Minnie Galamore Dice. Jeremiah was the son of Elijah K. Dice and Narcissa Leach. From what I've read you have found alot more info going much farther back. I only have what my father told me before he died in 1990. I would appreciate any help you could give me. I don't have much more info but your welcome to it.

Thank You

Paul Dice

Regarding the Dice Family

Posted: 9 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: DICE
Willing to share info on the Dice Family. My grandfather was name Harrison D. Dice, born 1881 AdairCo. Ky

Leach 1815

Robie Garrison (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Turner, TUCKER, LEACH, WELLS, GRANT, FIELD, ANTLE
I'm intrested in you LEACH conection. Have a greatgrandfather Samuel Leach Jr. who married a Mary Ann in Adair County. The marriage records give her surname as Mary Ann HURT but family Bible says Mary Ann HUNTER.They were married August 03,1815. Do you know which one is correct? I know mistakes are made because my own grandfather a TURNER was spelled TATER on his marriage record. Samuel and Mary had children, Martha b. 1816, Matilda, Stephen Hunter b. 1833, Samuel 111 , Milly. Thanks, Robbie Turner Garrison
per page

Find a board about a specific topic