Search for content in message boards

Besse Family of Rayne, La

Besse Family of Rayne, La

Posted: 6 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Besse, Lacy
Searching for information on the Besse Family of Rayne, La. Rene'Besse Born Feb 27, 1902 died May 31, 1961 Buried somewhee in Rayne area.He married Vernie Jean Lacy of the Choupique Community, Calcasieu Parish, La She died in April 21, 1956 in Beaumont, Texas. Who were his parents and siblings? Any info welcome. Bobbie

BESSE FAMILY

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 21 Aug 2001 5:56PM GMT
Surnames: BESSE
Here's a little info. Cursory look found about 24 cemetery plots for surname BESSE listed in Volume II of Acadia Parish Cemetery Listings (Rayne and Surrounding Area). Rene J. BESSE is buried in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery (New Cemetery), Rayne, LA.

Rene J. Besse

Gene Thibodeaux (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Besse
I am currently writing a book on the history of Rayne, Louisiana, so I have learned something about the Besse family of Acadia Parish. Rene was born Feb. 27, 1902 and died on May 31, 1961, according to his tombstone in the St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery in Rayne. According to census records, he was the son of Jean Armene (sometimes Hermene or Hermengilde) Besse and Eugenie Crouchet. Jean Armine Besse was born in 1867 in Plattenville, La. and was the son of Charles Alfred Besse of Montreal, Canada and Victorine Marcellite Boudreaux of Louisiana. Jean Armene Besse came to Rayne with his brothers, Pierre Frederick and Gustave around 1890. Eugenie Crouchet was born in France and came to the area near what would become Rayne as a child with her parents, Francois Crouchet and Louise Argelies, between the Civil War and 1870. When the town of Rayne was born in 1881 as the railroad came through, the Crouchet family ran the town's first hotel. Other children of Jean Armene Besse and Eugenie Crouchet were Raoul Octave (bn. 1891), Marie Elia (bn. 1893), Jeanne Francoise (bn. 1895) and a daughter (Bertha?) (bn around 1898). Raoul Octave Besse served on the Rayne Town Council.
Gene Thibodeaux
528 N. Moss St.
Church Point, LA 70525

Re: Rene J. Besse

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 4:40PM GMT
My husband is related to Gustave Besse, and I was wondering
if you have further information on Charles Alfred Besse. I would
like to obtain a copy of your book.

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 5:54AM GMT
Rene,

I am Ernest Anthony "Tim" Besse, Charles Alfred BESSE, was my Great Great Grandfather - His son Alfred August BESSE had a son Ernest Laura BESSE. Ernest Laura BESSE is my Grandfather on my fathers side of the family.
I have traced the BESSE family all the way back to France with Jean BESSE married to Jeanne LACOMBE. Our ancestors from Quebec are Pierre (quite a few of them) married to DROLET and MARANDA families. I have left some Postem's on the following link - feel free to email me at TimBesse@comcast.net if you need more clarification.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

E.A. "Tim" Besse

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 8:53PM GMT
Charles Alfred Besse and his brother Pierre Hermenengilde Besse were born in areas near Quebec and immigrated down to Louisiana around the early 1850's. Charles married Victorine Mercelite Boudreaux. Pierre married Marie Mariane Landry.
The parents of these brothers were Pierre Besse and Marie Angelique Morier. Pierre was a notary (1814-1854) and was recognized for his service in 1996 and was honored with a road being named for him.

http://www.ville.saint-jean-sur-richelieu.qc.ca/web/doc/Noms...

per page

Find a board about a specific topic