Search for content in message boards

Missing 1880 Census Data???

Missing 1880 Census Data???

Bruce Baird (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Henry
I am researching the Robinson family who lived in Neptune, Plaquemines Parish from about 1870 to the 1900's and owned an orange grove. However, I cannot find them in the 1880 census even though I did a line-by-line search of the census. Does anyone have any information about the completeness of this census? Also, does anyone know what ward Neptune was in?

Bruce

William E Robinson

John A Mullen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Mullen
William E Robinson was my great grandfather and resided in Plaquemines Parrish from the post Civil War period until about 1890 to 1895. My Grandmother, Katherine Robinson, related that she was born in Plaqemines Parrish and that the family had an orange grove there.
William was the son of an Irish immigrant (Name unavailable to right now) who settled in Texas about 1850. This information is confirmed by Irish records (again unavailable)By family oral tradition he was in the military at the begining of the Civil War and taken captive. He was later released on parole and served the remainder of the war on permenant duty at Governor's Island.
Given my Grandmothers date of birth (1883) I would guess the William would have been born in Texas circa 1860.
There is also a John Robinson who I believe is Williams brother.
At least part of the family moved north (possibly to Ohio)about 1895. My grandmother was among them. I can recall that my grandmother had some dealings in Louisianna having to do with the disposition of family holdings in about 1960 so there may be records of this.

I have scanned photographs of William Robinson (taken in New Orleans C. 1875), Katherin Robinson (C. 1900) and Bill and John Robinson (C. 1920) Feel free to ask for them,

John Mullen
JMullen964@AOL.com

Re: Missing 1880 Census Data???

Posted: 11 Jan 2014 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Henry
Hi Bruce,
While trying to find out more about the Robinson family I came across your post on a google search. While searching for info about the orange grove I found a posting of Genealogy Trails Louisiana that had a listing of a person who represented the Fourth Ward and lived in Neptune. Don't know if you've closed this chapter of your research or not but thought I'd pass it on.

http://genealogytrails.com/lou/plaquemines/plaquemines_paris...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions