Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Buchanan (early 1700s)

Elizabeth Buchanan (early 1700s)

John Deal (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buchanan, Newton
I am trying to identify the parents of Elizabeth Buchanan, who I believe was born in York County. Here is what I know. I believe she was born in 1726. She married Ebenezer Newton around 1746 and they had seven children: Benjamin (b 2/3/1747/48 in York County), George (b 12/1/1756), William (b abt 1757), John (b 2/20/1759), Martheu (b abt 1754), Ebenzer Jr (b abt 1761) and Thomas (b 12/12/1763). She later moved to Rutheford County, NC and died abt 1821 there.

I have been told for years that her parents were John Buchanan and Jane Russell (of Ramelton, County Donegal), but this seems suspect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Deal

BUCHANAN

George Clark (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BUCHANAN, NEWTON
I think you should investigate the possibility that your Elizabeth BUCHANAN may be the daughter of William & Jane BUCHANNAN as listed below (Note the executor of the will). The only John BUCHANNANs that I know of in York county in this time period did not have a daughter Elizabeth as far as I know).

Will of William BUCHANNAN 19 Dec 1763/5 June 1764 in Fawn township, York county.

wife: Jane
children: James, William, Thomas, Elizabeth, Margaret
executor: Ebenezer Newtin

Also, prior to 1749 York county was part of Lancaster county, so some records may be in the Lancaster county records.

BUCHANAN, NEWTON

John Deal (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for your suggestion -- every piece of the puzzle helps. I'm trying to do my research from the West Coast (which adds to the difficulty). What was your source for the will data?

Regards,

John Deal

BUCHANAN, NEWTON

George Clark (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
A book called "Abstracts of York County, Pennsylvania Wills 1749-1819" published by Family Line Publications in 1995 (now owned by Willow Bend Books).

Sorry to be so late responding -- I thoght I had already replied. Things were hectic with moving twice in the past year.

Re: Elizabeth Buchanan (early 1700s)

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2003 6:10PM GMT
Check out this webpage. I think this is the information you need.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/2512/Newton.htm

Re: Elizabeth Buchanan (early 1700s)

Carey Newton (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2002 5:23PM GMT
I believe, but have no proof that Elizabeth Buchanan was the daughter of Thomas Buchanan also known as Thomas of Faun Twp. Thomas was the son of Thomas and Jean Buchanan and Grandson of George Buchanan and Elizabeth Mayne. Its another place to look. Good luck and let me know if you ever find any other clues as to Elizabeths Parents. I go back to Ebenezer and Elizabeth through their son Thomas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions