Search for content in message boards

Alvino/Albino Chacon

Alvino/Albino Chacon

Posted: 21 Apr 2003 4:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2003 12:31AM GMT
I am looking for information on my great great grandfether Alvino/Albino Chacon. The first noted entry I have for him currently is at the battisms of his granddaughters between 1873-1883 in San Lorenzo, Chihuahua, Mexico. At that time he was married to Rosalia Loya. If you have any information, let's compare notes please? Thanks!

Kathy

Re: Alvino/Albino Chacon

Debera Shields (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Chacon, Lopez, Lovato, Roybal
Jose Alvino/Albino Chacon m.Maria Refugio Secundina Lopez
His parents:
Don Felipe Chacon b abt 1790 New Mexico
m Jun 23, 1800 Santa Cruz Canada, NM to Maria Nicloasa Trujillo
Albino and Maria's daughter is Juanita Luisita Chacon sister to well known Captain Raphel Chacon. Luisita m. Juan Benito Lovato. Thier daughter was Lupita Lovato m. Rudolpo Roybal. The later were my grandparents.
Hope this helps. I have more.
Could you tell me more of what you have found on his granddaughters or anything else of this lineage?

Posted: 4 Jun 2003 6:35PM GMT
I am not certain this is the same family. The Alvino Chacon I am researching is much further south in San Lorenzo, Chihuahua, Mexico. However, I do have connections here, as Nicolasa Trujillo is part of my grandfather's lineage (Felipe Nerio Trujillo, son of Victoriano and Gabina Roybal, etc.). It sounds like we do have a family connection to discuss :) Will write more later via email when I can access my records better.
Thanks for writing!!
Kathy

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 10:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2003 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Chacon, Cordova, Gonzales
Hello. I am interested in this CHACON family for several reasons.

(1) I've read the Civil War veteran, Maj. Rafael Chacon's biography, Legacy of Honor.
(2) I am also a native of Trinidad, CO, where he and family members are buried in the Catholic cemetery there.
(3) One of his daughters, Gumecinda, married a second husband, Jose Policarpio CORDOVA. I have been building a very large database of CORDOVA branches of the family tree.
(4) I think that Felipe Chacon was a sister of Rosa Chacon. Rosa was the mother of Maria Francisca Chacon, who married Felipe Santiago GONZALES. One of the daughters of this couple, Maria Estefanita, married a 3rd great-grandfather of mine, Reymundo CORDOVA.

I'd be interested in knowing what more information you may have on the CHACON line and your own part of that line.

Thanks.
Gloria Cordova

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 1:13AM GMT
I would love to compare notes with you on this Gloria, and anyone else who has done research on this family. I am afraid the family you mention is a different one, however. My Chacon family research is solely in San Lorenzo, Chihuahua, Mexico. I am certain we will find common ancestors in this lineage, however.

Kathy

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Chacon, Armijo, Madrid
I believe, from reading Maj. Rafael Chacon's biography, that his family came from Mexico, so it is quite likely that there is a connection between the CHACON family you are researching and Maj. Chacon's family. I only know the two generations antecedent to Maj. Chacon, but even in those geneations the Mexican connection is evident.

Following are excerpts from Legacy of Honor, Maj. Chacon's biography, that link him to Mexican heritage....also some excerpts from Fray Angelico Chavez's Origins of New Mexico Families (revised ed)...

Legacy of Honor, p. 2.
Rafael Chacon's father, Don Albino Chacon held various important posts under the Mexican government and was intimately involved in crucial events of the time.

Legacy of Honor, p. 18.
My father was a secretary to Governor Armijo, commissary to the
troops, and also Judge of theCourt for the First Instance of NM before General Kearny came. Judge of the Court of First Instance was
equivalent to Supreme Judge, with the entire province of New Mexico for jurisdiction.

Legacy of Honor, p. 79.
Arrival of American army in 1846 and subsequent government and nationality change had enormous impact uponRafael Chacon and his
family.

Chacon book, Legacy of Honor. Notes p. 355.
Felipe Chacon was a contemporary of Governor Fernando Chacon, who entered New Mexico in 1794. Since the Chacons were in New Mexico
prior to the arrival of this second governor of the same name, it seems quite probable that they were closely related to the first Governor
Chacon and came to New Mexico either with him or as a direct result of
his appointment to the post.

Chacon book, Legacy of Honor. Notes p. 355.
Felipe Chacon was a contemporary of Governor Fernando Chacon, who entered New Mexico in 1794. Since the Chacons were in New Mexico
prior to the arrival of this second governor of the same name, it seems quite probable that they were closely related to the first Governor
Chacon and came to New Mexico either with him or as a direct result of
his appointment to the post.

Cristobal Chacon md Rosa Madrid on Jul 23, 1741. But 3 years later a Cristobal Chacon had a legitimate daughter, Maria, by a Rita Lujan, Feb 3, 1744. Francisco Xavier Chacon & Lugarda Martin were the godparetns. Apparently it was the same man, who had married a second time.

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 6:58AM GMT
WOW! You have done good research! I have not read as much of the book as you have, but have gotten thru some of what you quoted. My new job prohibits me from much of my former pastimes to the degree I used to have time for. But this will change soon :) I am certain we have common ancestors in this lineage, I'm just not sure where they will turn up. I will certainly keep you posted on my findings! My Chacon research only just opened up a couple of months ago after looking for 3 years for this lineage. I am looking forward to talking more w/ you about this wonderful family!!! (BTW, I have some Peralta in this lineage, as well, another well known name down south. . . and another Chacon connection, as I recall). More later

Kathy

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: Chacon
I always enjoy working with you, Kathy. I really loved reading the Chacon biography. As I recall, I read it while sitting at my dad's hospital bedside while he was recovering from a stroke he survived in March 2000. My sister and I spent lots of time at the hospital and afterwards while he was in therapies in the rehabilitation unit for stroke recovery. It's a great book!
Stay in touch.
Gloria

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2004 7:19PM GMT
Hi,
Do you know your grandparents or great-grandparents? I may have info on your vicinity. I'm not sure. Is your family from any of these areas in Chihuahua, Mexico? What names are you looking for?

Aldama
Bachamuchi
Collotillos
Lajas
Rancho Avileno
Rancho Blanco
Rosales
San Fransisco, Del Oro
Satevo
Valerio, Valle Zaraqoza

My line is Chacon, but I'm looking in Santa Fe & Taos, New Mexico. Rafael Chacon was my great-great grandfather.

Karen

Posted: 20 Jun 2004 12:47AM GMT
Hi, Rafael's sister was Guadalupe Lupita Chacon and was born about 1841 in New Mexico. She died before 1930. She married Antonio Romero abut 1865. Lupita married Antonio Romero, and had at least one child, Veneranda. The sponsor at Lupita's Christening was General Manuel Armijo, a prominent military and civil authority in the early days just before the arrival of General Stephen Watts Kearney, commander of the American forces. [Source: Ernest Richard Chacón, erniec@pacific.net.]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions