Ruthie Cox-Holt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 11:20PM GMT
I have traced my family line as follows:
Leonard Merle Cox, Barstow, CA son of
William Leonard Cox, Fredonia, KS son of
Jasper Cox,b. 1842, MO, son of
Andrew Cox, b. 1804,d 1865 Newton County, MO.,son of
William Cox and Mary "Polly" Dillard-Cox from VA

Anyone who can connect is welcome, but i am searching for more information regarding William
Cox. I know that he was in Virginia when his children were born either in Montgomery, Patrick or Carroll Counties. He Died 1814 in White County, Tennessee according to his will.
He was married to Mary "Polly" Dillard daughter of Thomas Dillard and Ruth Goad of Virginia.
they had 8 children, seven sons and one daughter.
Anyone who is interested may e-mail me and see if together we can research further. Thanks.
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2002 5:10AM GMT
Contact Ginny714@aol.com she is a Cox with family entire history Va. My Mom..please copy me sometimes you have to prod her for info

knight history

robin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 1999 4:55PM GMT
dear robin, I don't think I can help you with the Knight history my family came from Big Springs, Wva, My Greatgrandfathers name was John A. Knight, he served in the civil war. one of his sons married Rosa Ellen Richards, she was born in 1866. She was my grandmother. My Grandfather's name was John Robert Knight born 12-21-1865. If you think you can use this information contact me at Tallyrun5@aol.com
Yours truly,
Jerry Knight Smith

Cox-Dillard conection

Debra Page-Kritis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 1999 11:14AM GMT
I am looking for the parents and siblings of Austin Dillard born in Tennessee late 1700's. His son was Jonathan Dillard born in Gallatin Co. Ill. March 15 1824. Jonathan's daughter Milbrey born in Ridgway Ill. in 1850 married Jacob Henry Cox in Ridgway in 1868. I know Jacob Henry was born on June 20 1850 but not where he was born nor who his parents were. The family then moved to Puxico MO. From there their children moved west with a branch in Califorina. Any information about these people is welcome. Please contact my e-mail at seeker_dk@hotmail.com

Cox History

Katie Taylor (Horton) (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 9:02PM GMT
I actually have two separate Cox lines, one maternally and one paternally. My
paternal Cox line is Susannah Cock (Cox) mother of Mary Webb who was b 1785. Susannah
married Henry "Hal" Webb who was b in 1755 and d 1840's. Susanah Cock was the daughter of John
Cox and Elizabeth Goad. Elizabeth Goad was b 7/12/1726. These families were from Carroll County VA.

My second line is from the Reubin Cox line of Greene County Tn line.
This line has a lot of relatives in the Chatanooga, Daisy-
Soddy area of Tenn.

Are you related to either of these lines?

William Cox and Mary Dillard

Tammy McDaniel (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1999 5:34PM GMT
One of the sons married a Shockley, their son I descend from, I do not have my information in front of me, but I have it back to the same family if you would like to have a copy I will send you one.

DILLARD

Raymond (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 1999 2:22AM GMT
I am searching for Ladovesy Dillard who md James Ewing. Their daughter md Robert Jones 3 May 1827 Hardeman co TN. She was born 10 May 1806. They later moved to Pontotoc MS Respectuly M.

Re: Cox History

Ruthie Cox-HOlt (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 4:43PM GMT
I believe my Cox line is connected with your Cock
I descend from William who was married to Mary Dillard daughter of Thomas Dillard and
Ruth Goad. If you have any more info. Maybe we can share. I have uploaded my tree to the World Family Tree center

Thanks for the information.

looking for g.g.g.grandfather

Sheryl Tantee (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 9:00AM GMT
Our line has ran cold. We are looking for a
Archibald Cox m. to a Frances or Fanny Hill.
No date. One son William James Cox b. 1815 in
Davidson Co. Nashville Tenn. This is my g.g.g
grandfather and need some help with more infor-
mation. Anything would help. Thank you.
Posted: 7 Aug 2002 10:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jimmy, Do you have any relations in Ohio? I have the Klechka name on my husbands side. Thank you Roseann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions