Search for content in message boards

Rev. Phillip Pierson

Rev. Phillip Pierson

Posted: 11 Apr 2000 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 7:34PM GMT
Looking for parents and birthplace of Rev. Phillip Pierson. 180l-1873 Obituary says that he came to SC from NJ when he was 14.Died preaching at Midway Presbyterian Church, Clarendon Co. S.C. There are so many Presbyterian Piersons in NJ surely someone has seen his name listed in children.
thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Rev. Phillip Pierson

Posted: 24 Dec 2001 5:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
June,
My name is Lori Brand. My husband is Robert Alfred Brand IV. I was actually going to write you a letter tonight when I got some of my information together. My letter would have been in reply to a letter you had written to my husbands aunt - Martha Jane(Brandy) Poisson back on August 6, 1998. She actually gave me the letter last year and until tonight I could not make the connection to the people in your letter. Just to be sure it is my understanding Minnie Brand was a sister of Robert Alfred Brand I and William Smith Brand was their father. In the letter to Brandy you were looking for information about the ancestry of William Smith Brand only knowing it may involve Cumberland Co. N.C.. I am not sure if you are still at that road block. At this time I cannot help you get any further than you already are. In fact I am writing to see if you may be able to help me. I am looking for any information available relating to the ancestry of William Smith Brand and the ancestry of Susan Pierson. I am sorry that this has turned around to you being the source but maybe you have information that I may be able to expand upon. Thank you in advance for your effort. I must admit it really feels like a small world when I found you on the internet tonight.
Lori Brand ubsinc@aol.com

June Ross (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2001 2:59AM GMT
Dear Lori, It is really good to hear from you. I felt like the Brand side of the family really ignored me. MinnnieBrand was my great grandmother. All of my the maternal relatives are deceased and I had hoped that someone who carried the Brand name would have some information beyond WSB but apparently not. His mother was Jannet Smith Kennedy.I can help you with her family back to wwhen they came from Ireland. I am a memeber of DAR and John Frierson is an accepted documented patriot. I cannot attest to any documented BRand beyond WSB father. Somewhere I was told that one of your aunts or mother-in-law wwas a member of colonial dames through the Brands. That is not true as far as I have been able to acertain. Where are you? I haave a photo of his grave and the piersons. I belong to the Jamestown Society through John Gaither. I would love to know more about the Brands. I wrote the Gen. in Willmington but he was really not much help. I knew what he sent me.Phillip Pierson is the mystery I want to clear ukp. I have been to Montreat and read his exam for the ministry, have pictures of him etc but still can't determine his parents. Tell me where you live. June

Lori Brand (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2001 8:45AM GMT
Surnames: Brand, Pierson, and Kennedy
June,
I just saw this e-mail my question about William's mother being Janet Smith Kennedy, has been answered. As with all the others I would love any information on her line. I will certainly ask about the Colonial Dames when I am in Charlotte this week. I know my husbands mothers family has colonial dames but I do not know about his fathers side. As I mentioned before we are near Orlando in Windermere to be exact which is next to Walt Disney World. (I can see the fireworks in my backyard at night) I have some information on the Brands from the Wilmington Library and from a book that mentions Robert Alfred but no further back. I am going to be in Wilmington N.C. again this summer and will be doing further research. I look forward to talking to you.
Again, Merry Christmas!
Lori

June Ross (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2001 1:12AM GMT
Dear Lori, Maybe between the two of us we can clear up the mysteries.Wm. Brand born ll799 in Fayettevillem. 24 Jan. l832 Martha Jane Smith.(lst husband Kennedy) His parents John and Elvy(know nothing else about them)Hers Wm. Smith and Jannet or Jeanette Frierson. Children, Will Smith, Robert Muldrwo, Keziaah, Redding, Henrietta, Martha Emma.

William Smith Brand 24 Jan.l833-9 Jul. l88l Sumter m. l855 to Susan Amelia "Pierson.Her Parents Phillip Pearson andMillie Martin Gaither. Children, Cora Gaither, Robert Alfred, Minnie Henrietta, William Sandford,Rosa Emma, Covert Muldrow,James Newland, Herbert Hazel, Beaufort Irene. I have datesand mates but too lazy to type them all tonight.I am so excited to make contact with you. I have an obcession to fill iln the blanks. Piersons obit say that he was from New York other says New Jersey. I saw somewhere that he was from ESSEx county. New Jersy iss full of Presby. Pierson. One founded Newark. I hope that you can find out something there. I bellieve that he camee to SC in l804 and I found out in Montreat that before being ordaned he was a teacher but I don't know where in S.C. He really was a stern ole thing in his pictures. He was minister at Midway for 35 years and you would think that there would be some record of his pllace of origen. John and Elvy are listed in the l850 census as living by their dauther. Harriet who married a DuBose. Find out any llittle memory your inlaws might have and maybe we can piece something together. June

Lori Uhl Brand (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2002 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Pearson, Brand
June,
Sorry it has taken me this long to reply. Unfortunately I have to deal with some health issues right now and I have limited time to do anything else. I really want to work on this with you just give me a little time. As far as Phillip Pearson and New Jersey - information is comming out of there very slowly lately I have about 15 different requests for other information outstanding some of them since early October. I am sure it is because of the mail issues - they are usually much quicker to respond. What avenues have you searched relating to him in NJ so that I do not duplicate your efforts? My direct e-mail address is ubsinc@aol.com. What is yours?
Lori

Posted: 28 Jan 2002 5:42PM GMT
I am searching for Ambrose Pierson, born in either NC or SC circa 1804. Do you have any info that may link me to him. Thanks. daizee@chartetn.net

Posted: 28 Jan 2002 5:44PM GMT
I am searching for Ambrose Pierson born in either NC or SC circa 1804. Do you have any information on him. Thanks.

Lori Brand (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2002 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Pierson
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have not seen that name yet but I will keep an eye out for it.

Posted: 25 Apr 2002 11:33PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2005 1:13PM GMT
June - I'm looking for same info - would appreciare any -you receive. My great grf. James Gamble Anderson mar. Sarah Rebecca Gaither Pierson. She was dtr. of Rev. P. Pierson and Amelia Maria "Millie" Gaither. Thanks.John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions