Search for content in message boards

William, John, Henry South of Kentucky

William, John, Henry South of Kentucky

Posted: 10 Mar 2000 1:33PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2001 9:02PM GMT
Looking for information on William South who married Peggy Dorman, April 24, 1802. He had brothers Henry who married Cloe Brunts, June 9, 1796. John who married Janny Mason, June 15, 1798. All three were married in Washington Co., Kentucky rrsutton@uswest.net

Peggy Dorman

William South (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2000 5:15PM GMT
A few years ago a member of family did some tracing back on family lines. I do remember that name Peggy Dorman. I will get what information I have and let you see if it is anything new to you. Feel free to contact me.

William South, Peggy Dorman

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 6:37AM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for contacting me about Peggy Dorman. Any help would be appreciated. This is the information I have, but it could be wrong. Peggy Dorman married William South, April 24, 1802 in Washington Co., Kentucky. Three possible children: William, Jr., Thomas and Elizabeth, born, Nov. 5, 1807 in Elizabethtown, Ky. She married Shacklett Rogers, Sept. 29,1825 in Hardin Co., Ky. Died Aug. 18, 1890, maybe Elizabethtown, Ky. Elizabeth Shacklett are my gg grandparents. Thank you, Roger. rrsutton@uswest.net

Henry South and Chloe Brunt(s)

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:39PM GMT
I am looking for the family of Henry South. Who were his siblings and parents? My Henry South was b 6 Nov 1772 in Washington Co.,KY and d 12 Jan 1848 in Sullivan Co.,IN. He had 12 chilren. Will share all info.
Posted: 3 Jun 2000 6:27AM GMT
Hi Jacqueline,
I have a Henry South that married a Cloe Brunts, June 9, 1796 in Washington Co., Ky. Sounds like it could be the same person. His father was William South. Born abt. 1756. Died Nov., 1780 in Falls of The Ohio River, Ky. His mother was Rebecca Naomi "Amy" Cruse. Henry had brothers John William King South my ancestor. You might contact John South at jmsouth@aisva.net for more on the Souths. Hope I have been of some help to you.
Roger

South families

Posted: 3 Jun 2000 10:46AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:39PM GMT
Thank you so much, this gives me another generation!!!! I will contact John South. This is just great.
Jackie

William South's Marriage

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 11:31AM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 4:04AM GMT
William South married Margaret "Peggy" Donan (not Peggy Dorman) on 25 April, 1802. William was born on 5 November 1780. Died in Hardin County, Kentucky on 16 August 1849. He is buried at Moore's Cementary near Big Clifty Kentucky in Grayson Co. Tombstone still standing. A few of the South family is buried there. William and Margaret had 13 children. Maragaret died in Grimes Co, Texas and is buried there. She was visiting her son who lived out west and died while on the returning trip home. This information was supplied to me by my Mother-in-Law, Dorothy South Alvey who is a descendent of William and Margaret (through their son Wilson Lee South and his son David Fountain South and his son Edgar Foley South).

Souths

Roger R. Sutton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2001 4:59AM GMT
Hi Mike, Thanks for the correction on Peggy's last name. My information I received had wasn't sure and had it spelled Dorman Donand. Do you have the names of their children any other information on the children ? I am a descendant of their child, Elizabeth who married Shacklett Rogers. They are my gg grand parents. Waiting to hear from you. Roger at: rrsutton@qwest.net

Re: William South's Marriage

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Glad to find this information as I dabble in my husband's family tree as well. Wm South and Margaret Donan would be my husband's ggggrandparent's through their son John Fletcher South (Rev) and his son John Fletcher South, Jr. (MD) and his son James Breckenridge South and his son Reagan Houston Fant South, MD whose son is my husband D Bruce South. Hope this wasn't too confusing. It looks like big families were the norm way back then. Thanks, Anita

Re: William South's Marriage

Roger R. Sutton (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Anita. Glad to hear from you. Wm & Margaret Donan South are my ggg grandparents. Their daughter Elizabeth married Shacklett Rogers. Their son, Henry C. Rogers married Margaret Jane McAchran. Their son, Wm. S. Rogers married Hettie D. Cook whos daughter, Sylvia was my mother. Roger Sutton at: rrsutton@qwest.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions