Search for content in message boards

UPPER DUBLIN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH

UPPER DUBLIN EV. LUTHERAN RECORDS

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2004 10:04AM GMT
Surnames: HAUPT
Most of the information came from a typed manuscript that was done in the 1920's. The information was obtained from St. Michael's Lutheran Church in Philadelphia. Upper Dublin's congregation was a satelite congregation of St. Michael's. Just about all the events at Upper Dublin were recorded in these records. There was however some gaps in records. Perhaps these occured in between regular pastors at Upper Dublin. The cemetery records were obtained directly from the stones as they appeared in 1920's. They were recorded by members of the Colonial Haupt Association - in particular - the work of Anita Eyster.
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: BATES
Hi Ray: I found the names of two of my grgr uncles, Charles BATES and John BATES, as being buried in Old Puff's Cemetery.

I am looking for the burial place of their father, George Casner BATES. He died in 1860 near Three Tuns, almost next door to Old Puff's.

Would you tell me what the original source was of the names which you posted, so that I might go back and look for myself with the hope of finding George Casner BATES. I know that George's wife, their mother, died in Salem, Ohio.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ruth

UPPER DUBLIN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH

Edited: 17 Mar 2004 10:04AM GMT
Surnames: HAUPT, AND MANY OTHERS
To see the early records of Upper Dublin Evangelical Church, click on link below. Records include: births, marriages, deaths and burials (with gravestone inscriptions).

St. Michael and Zion records

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: BATES, HUSTON, HESTON
Please tell me how to obtain access to the typed manuscript done by Anita Eyster. There are two BATES sons as being buried at Old Puff's cemetery in Upper Dublin, and I'd like to see if their father is buried there. He died in 1860 in Three Tuns.

Will you please advise me on how to gain access to the baptismal records of St. Michaels and Zion for 1787, and 1801, and 1817, which would show baptisms for Old Puff's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions