Search for content in message boards

Golden Lake Reserve, ON Bernard/Stoqua/Stokwa, Chief

Golden Lake Reserve, ON Bernard/Stoqua/Stokwa, Chief

Fay (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2004 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bernard
Please can anyone help me?
I'm looking for information on the name Bernard, previous I believe was Stoqua/Stokwa.
Matt Bernard, Chielf of Golden Lake Reserve.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Golden Lake Reserve, ON Bernard/Stoqua/Stokwa, Chief

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 5:51AM GMT
I have a Mary Ann Stoqua (Sotoqua) b.1823 m.to an Alexander Aquakosh LaRonde b.1818 I don't have any other info on her but would really be interested in hearing anything that might help to solidify where she was from.

Elaine Brown (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 12:52PM GMT
I just checked my St. Alphonse Cemetery & Burials book and I see that there are burials for several Laronde's including:
Adeline Laronde who died 14 Dec 1851 at 9 months daughter of Alexander Laronde & Mary Ann Stokna. Also registered at St. Columbkille.

On the Stoqua/Stokwa side of things there are burials for Alexander Stokwa s/o John & Mary Ann 1847;
Louis s/o John & Mary Agatha in 1851;
Mathew s/o Mathew & Mary Eliza in 1876.
Margaret Stokawa d/o Amable & Margaret Bernard in 1875;
Mary Elizabeth d/o Peter Bernard Stokwa & Mary Eliza in 1880

I can't tell you about the baptisms or marriages so I suggest you review the microfilmed registers of both St. Alphonse and St. Columbkille as the missionary may have recorded the events in both parishes.

Elaine

P.LaPierre (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2005 9:16PM GMT
Att’n LaRonde Descendents
All descendents of Toussaint Antoine Denys-DeLaRonde and Marie Kekjicakoe qualify to be recognized as Non-Status Algonquin and can be included as members of the re- established Kichesipirini Algonquin First Nation. All members residing in Ontario can participate in the upcoming Algonquin Negotiations Representative Elections and can have representation in the Land Claim Negotiations. This is a very historical event. The Kichesipirini Algonquin First Nation is the oldest, best documented Algonquin Nation in North American history and can play a very important role in future economic, social and cultural development. This is a tremendous opportunity for the descendents of this Laronde line. For further information please contact Paula LaPierre at kichesippi@hotmail.com. Further details about the process can be obtained from the website www.blaney.com/algonquin.htm There is a limited time frame so please contact as soon as possible. Megweetch.

Posted: 10 Jun 2006 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stoqua, Stoke, Stoquois
Mary Ann Stoqua born in 1823 was listed on the Canadian 1851 census as living with: Joseph Stoqua, born 1791, Mary (Aquainsack), born 1801, Mary Stoqua, born 1834, John Stoqua, born 1819 and Simon Stoqua, born 1849. I'm researching the Stoqua family and as I find more, I'll let you know.

Re: Golden Lake Reserve, ON

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Nichols, Sinclair
I am hoping someone can help me.
I have information that my great grandmother may be from Golden Lake Reserve. This is what I have so far:
My great grandfather was Thomas Sinclair, a non native who possibly married a Native whose name I am not aware of. They had some children, one of whom was my grandmother, Mary Sinclair.
Mary Sinclair married Bruce Young or Nichols, and they had eight children, one of whom is my mother.
I would like to obtain a marraige record for Thomas Sinclair, as well as one for Mary Sinclair. can anyone help me to figure out if there is a Native connection in my family?
Please email jmoore60@cogecp.ca if you can provide any information at all.
Thank you.

Posted: 16 Oct 2007 10:59PM GMT
Surnames: Bernard
Hi,

My name is Daniel Bernard, My great great grand father was related to the Stoqua, I beleive also that amable Stoqua was married to margaret Bernard the sister of my great great grand father...

I hope that I can contact you as I also am looking for my extended Bernard family...

my e-amil is: zoroeknpo@hotmail.com

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 6:26PM GMT
John Beaudry (Jean Baptist Beaudry)born Jan 27, 1857, the son of Amable Deaudry-a french man and Catherine Ellen Stoqua (an Algonquin). He was born in Westmeath Township, just northeast of a little village called Osceola, near Eganville. Catherine Ellen (Stoqua) Beaudry is buried there. Basil Beaudry was the oldest of John's brothers; Basil, Laurence, Jean Baptiste, Joseph, Francois (Frank), Denis and Pierre.
Jean Baptist (John) was married to Mary Ellen Laronde (daughter of Mary Anne Stoqua and Alexandre Laronde). They had four children: Denis Amable, Michael John, Edna and Ida Mary. Ida is my mom's grandmother. They lived near Cobden when they were first married, then moved to Pembroke. John Deaudry grew up learning the native hunting and fishing skills from his grandfather, Joseph Stoqua. He was a very tall man. When the logging was at its peak he worked on the rivers running logs, especially the Madawaska River before it was dammed. In his mid years he did a lot of guiding and worked for several companies who were putting in railway lines and bridges because he knew the terrain so well from Mattawa to North Bay. He even guided for the Duke of Connaught, son of Queen Victoria who was Governor General for a while. The family story is that he used to say "Come on Duke" in his broken french and paying no attention to protocol. He died from gangrene at the age of 80 in Sudbury Ontario. He often stayed with his kids.
The rest of the info I have is about my mom's grandmother, Ida who lived awhile on Snake River reservation. I also have some info about her living on the Island of Biscotasing where she cooked in a logging camp. Lastly, I have some extensive research about the various native clans but far too much to e-mail.

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 9:22PM GMT
Daniel my e-mail address is paige1941@hotmail.com
I have much info on our family line.
Cheers!
Paige

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 9:30PM GMT
Visit the web of Algonquins of Pikwakanagan First Nation. You will see your family line there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions