Search for content in message boards

Jamison , Jimmerson, Pierce, Dykes, Barker

Jamison , Jimmerson, Pierce, Dykes, Barker

sandra (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2006 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JAMISON, JIMMERSON, BARKER, DYKES, PIERCE
Are there any people searching for these families also?
Do you have any information to share? Need some help Please
Sandra

Re: Jamison , Jimmerson, Pierce, Dykes, Barker

Posted: 8 Apr 2006 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Jameson, Jamison, Cole, Edgar, Lanius
Elizabeth Jane Jameson born July 1, 1820 died before 1878. Daughter of Isaac Webster Jamison & Mary Polly Edgar Jamison.
Elizabeth married William F. Cole 15-Spt-1839 in Washington Co., MO. William was the son of Philip & Hester Lanius Cole.
Can give you more info on Isaac, Mary, Philip & Hester if this is your line.

sandra (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2006 11:55PM GMT
I am sorry I don't have these people in my line right now.
Thank you for your response
Sandra

Russ (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2006 3:22AM GMT
Have Pierce and Dykes.My G-Father Wesley M.Pierce
G-Grand-Mother Polly Dykes Pierce.G-Aunt married
James Jamison . Have some Civil War Records of
G-Grandfather Francis M.Pierce and record of Dykes
Family.

sandra (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2006 1:02PM GMT
I would LOVE to share information with you! I have pictures of your G-fathers tombstone. He is buried in same cemetery as my grandparents and and ggrand parents. You can email me at skeesbury@yahoo.com
Thank you
Sandra

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 10:47PM GMT
Do you have any other information on the Lanius family. My grandmother was Martha Alice Lanius (went by Alice) daughter of William A & Martha Margaret (maiden name might be Campbell, I am not sure)Lanius, she married Charles Joeseph St.Cin. I know they lived in the Crawford County Area & at one time Alice's brother Edward worked at the Sligo Furnace Co. My Father was born in Sligo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Diana

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: Jamison, Downard
I am a direct descendant of Isaac Webster Jamison and Mary Edgar. Their daughter Minerva Jamison married my great grandfather Volney Downard. I have additonal info on Isaac and his ancestors. I am willing to share my info. Patricia Downard Miller

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Edgar, Jamison
Hi Pat, I have several Jamison males in my Edgar research, hopefully you can set me straight on these: Robert Jamison married 1st Ruth Webster, and they had George, Thomas, Robert and Isaac Webster. Robert than married Agnes Edgar,(said to be the daugther of John Edgar of Bedford VA area.)probably in Botetourt Co., VA and they are said to have had 10 children. Thomas Jamison, son of Robert and Ruth, married Jane Edgar (another daughter of John Edgar) probably in Botetourt Co., VA. In his bio, Thomas Jamison says he was born Botetourt Co., VA in 1783 and after the death of his wife, he than came to MO, he further says that he and Jane had 4 children. Thomas Jamison went on to marry
Matilda McAdams. I do not have the children of Thomas and Jane Edgar Jamison, however i do think there is a John and a Robert P Jamison. I also believe that both Robert the father and Thomas the son spent time in and around Logan Co., KY, before Thomas came to MO. So, so far I have Robert Jamison marrying Agness Edgar and his son Thomas marrying Agness Edgar's sister, Jane Edgar. I have Mary Polly Edgar, daughter of William Coner Edgar,(who is said to be the brother of Agness Edgar Jamison) marrying Isaac Webster Jamison in Christian Co., KY on Feb 2, 1815. Lastly I have Pamelia Edgar marrying John Jamison in Washington Co., MO on Jan 27, 1825 and she is said to be the daughter of William Coner Edgar. Any idea who this John Jamison might belong to? Could he be in the son of Thomas and Ruth Edgar Jamison? I really don't have a good listing of the children of Robert and Agness Edgar Jamison, and I'm sure some of them came to MO also. So, please feel free to set me straight on this, 4 marriages of Edgar/Jamison. Regards,
Sharon Edgar

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Jamison, Edgar, Webster
I have been trying to place John Jamison in this family somewhere but have had no luck. Since he and Isaac Webster Jamison (My great great grandfather)married sisters, they must be related somehow. I think John Jamison may be a brother of Andrew Jamison who lived in Bellevue Township (Washington Co MO) but who were their parents? They are not the brothers of Isaac and Thomas even though Andrews mentions Isaac Webster Jamison in his will. My records show that Thomas Jamison's first wife was Ruth Edgar sister of Polly, wife to Isaac W. Here is what I have on just two generations of Jamisons and Edgars:

Descendants of Robert Henry Jamison

1 Robert Henry Jamison 1755 - 1826
.. +Ruth Webster 1761 - 1790 m: 03 Sep 1778 in Pennsylvania
........ 2 George W Jamison 1780 - 1836
............ +Mary Dickinson Logan 1793 - 1834 m: 10 Mar 1808 in Christian Co, KY
................... 3 Jonathon Logan Jamison 1809 -
................... 3 Robert Webster Jamison 1811 - 1863
....................... +Elizabeth Scott Logan 1821 - 1849 m: Abt. 1837
................... *2nd Wife of Robert Webster Jamison:
....................... +Eliza Ann McCarley 1834 - 1916 m: 30 Jan 1852 in Pope Co, AR
................... 3 Anselm Harvey Jamison 1812 - 1850
....................... +Maria M 1826 - 1850
................... 3 Nancy Evans Jamison 1816 - 1816
....................... +John Rice Homer Scott m: 11 Dec 1834
................... 3 George Washington Jamison 1818 - 1868
....................... +Sarah Kelley Cravens 1824 - 1921 m: 05 Nov 1839 in Washington Co MO
................... 3 David Allison Jamison 1820 -
....................... +Nancy K 1827 - m: Abt. 1844
................... 3 Mary Anne Jamison 1823 - 1854
................... 3 Eliza Melvina Jamison 1826 -
....................... +Walter Ferguson Scott
................... 3 Isaac Newton Jamison 1828 -
................... 3 Infant Boy Jamison 1828 - 1828
................... 3 James Alston Jamison 1831 - 1914
....................... +Massey Shepard 1832 -
................... 3 Francis Thurmond Jamison 1834 - 1834
........ 2 Isaac Webster Jamison 1782 - 1842
............ +Mary Polly Edgar 1797 - 1854 m: 15 Feb 1815 in Christian Co, KY
................... 3 James B C "Homer" Jamison 1816 - 1880
....................... +Louisa G Hibbard 1825 - 1878 m: 02 May 1841 in Franklin Co, MO
................... 3 Marshall Jamison 1818 - 1866
....................... +Mary Montague Carpenter 1823 - 1853 m: 25 Oct 1845 in Richmond, Ray, MO
................... *2nd Wife of Marshall Jamison:
....................... +Hannah Louise Burt 1825 - 1905 m: 09 Oct 1856 in Hartford, Warren, Iowa
................... 3 Elizabeth Jane Jamison 1820 - 1860
....................... +William F Cole 1813 - 1885 m: 15 Sep 1839 in Potosi, Washington, MO
................... 3 Minerva Jamison 1823 - 1900
....................... +Volney Downard 1813 - 1878 m: 1841 in Potosi, Washington Co MO
................... 3 George W Jamison 1825 - 1899
....................... +Margaret B McCreary 1828 - 1894 m: 1849
................... 3 Francis M Madison Jamison 1827 - 1864
....................... +Elizabeth J Silvers 1832 - 1880 m: 08 Aug 1852 in Washington Co, MO
................... 3 Isreal McGready Jamison 1830 - 1907
....................... +Rutha M Silvers 1832 - 1894 m: 24 May 1855 in Potosi, Washington, MO
................... 3 Mary Jamison 1832 -
................... 3 Margaret Isabela Jamison 1833 - 1868
....................... +James T Huitt 1825 - 1890 m: 13 Feb 1851 in Potosi, Washington Co MO
................... 3 Lucy Olive Jamison 1837 - 1923
....................... +Joseph Haigh Walton 1832 - 1903 m: 10 May 1855 in Washington Co MO
................... 3 Isaac Webster Jamison 1840 - 1864
....................... +Mary Elizabeth Fortune 1847 - m: Aft. 1860
........ 2 Thomas Jamison 1783 - 1867
............ +Ruth Edgar 1780 - 1823 m: Abt. 1817
................... 3 Robert Preston Jamison 1816 - 1866
....................... +Mary E G Early 1819 - 1902 m: 15 Sep 1842 in Washington Co MO
................... 3 George Monroe Jamison 1819 - 1873
....................... +Amanda Hopkins 1835 - m: 23 Dec 1853 in Crawford Co, MO
........ *2nd Wife of Thomas Jamison:
............ +Matilda McAdams 1809 - 1870 m: 18 Oct 1823 in Potosi, Washington Co MO
................... 3 MaryJane Jamison 1824 - 1909
....................... +Mark Hornsey 1812 - 1853 m: 16 Mar 1843 in Potosi, Washington Co MO
................... *2nd Husband of MaryJane Jamison:
....................... +John R Robinson 1801 - 1864 m: 03 Feb 1857 in Washington Co MO
................... 3 unknown Jamison
................... 3 Marquis De Lafayette Jamison 1831 - 1902
....................... +Eunice Candice Kinworthy 1838 - 1895 m: 09 Jan 1853 in Crawford Co, MO
................... *2nd Wife of Marquis De Lafayette Jamison:
....................... +Miss Nevil m: Abt. 1899
................... 3 Elizabeth Jamison 1834 -
....................... +Samuel F Dunlap
................... 3 Forman M Jamison 1837 - 1910
....................... +Adda Hardesty 1831 - m: 18 Jun 1879 in Crawford Co, MO
................... 3 Eunice Jane Jamison 1838 -
....................... +Levi Alexander Wilson
................... 3 unknown Jamison
........ 2 Robert Jamison 1786 -
*2nd Wife of Robert Henry Jamison:
.. +Agnes Edgar 1774 - m: 22 Mar 1791 in Botetourt Co, VA
........ 2 William Jamison
........ 2 Rose Alinda Jamison
........ 2 Rebecca Jamison
........ 2 Sara Jamison
........ 2 Enos Jamison 1793 -
............ +Nancy 1808 -
................... 3 Elizabeth Jamison 1830 -
................... 3 Josiah C Jamison 1836 -
................... 3 Enos S Jamison 1840 -
................... 3 Chesterfield L W Jamison 1842 - 1900
....................... +Rebecca Jane 1845 - 1901
................... 3 Rebecca Jamison 1849 -
........ 2 Sydney Jamison
........ 2 Permelia Jamison
........ 2 Presley M Jamison
............ +Elizabeth Howell
........ 2 Ephriam C Jamison
........ 2 Andrew Jackson Jamison
............ +Henrietta Browning - 1837 m: 01 Oct 1813 in Logan CO, KY

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Edgar/Jamison
Hi Patricia, Sorry for the delay, and Thank You for all of the info on the children of Robert & Agnes Edgar Jamison. I have spent the last few days reading and researching everthing I could find on your Jamison Family, which is so well documented with wills, probate records and family bibles. I have been researching the Edgar family of Bedford,
Botetourt and surrounding counties of VA for many years. And I just ordered additional research material regarding Botetourt Co., VA and hopefully I will have some answers very soon, the problem being, there are several Edgar families in Botetourt Co., VA before 1800 and I don't think they are related. There are also Eagar families, and I'm hoping with enough evidence they may become Edgars! Anyway, Robert Jamison, John Edgar and David Edgar are found on the 1794 personal property list for Botetourt Co., VA, and that's important to me, to be able to put John Edgar in Botetourt Co. I have 2 documents for Robert and Agness Edgar Jamison: "ON March 22, 1791 John Edgar gave surety for the sum of 50 pounds for the marriage of Agnes Edgar and Robert Jamison. Signed by John Edgar, Joseph Parish and William Edgar." I remain convinced that John is the father of Agness; Joseph Parish is Agness's brother-in-law; and William Edgar is her brother. From Botetourt Co., VA Marriages: Robert Jamison marrys Agness Edgar, March 22, 1791 in Botetourt Co., VA. I did request a volunteer lookup, just to be quite sure of the dates.
Thomas Jamison, in the bio at Crawford Co., MO genweb archives, is interesting and is the only place that I can find a mention of Ruth Edgar. I have not found a marriage record for either, in Va, or TN or KY. I have seen marriage dates posted on various internet trees, some say Botetourt and some say Logan, different years, etc. So I did some real snooping around for this Thomas Jamison, mainly to see just how accurate the biography is, and I suspect that this bio could have been written by either of these sons, Marquis De Lafayette or Furman Jamison. The bio says that Thomas was born Botetourt Co., VA, however documented Jamison family history states that he was born Chester Co., PA. The bio does not mention anytime in KY, but it does say that he was a hatter before coming to MO. The Todd Co., KY usgenweb history page has some important facts on this Thomas Jamison. "March 1818 the town of Elkton was laid out by Thomas Garvin and Thomas Jamison, and recorded in Christian Co., KY, and consisted of 18 lots....among the first persons to come to the new village were several hatters, among who might be mentioned Edson Waters, Thomas Jamison and William Powers. All had their shops near the creek, and only remained here a short time. I found on the 1820 census, Todd Co., KY: T. Jamison; 3 males to 10; 1 male 26-45; 1 female 10-16; 1 female 26-45. I next found him on the 1830 census Washington Co., MO with his new wife. I did find, from your posting the sons, Robert and George in Crawford Co., MO census info, and they were both born KY. The bio also states that Thomas Jamison died in 1867, however I did not find him on the 1860 census, unless he is somewhere else other than Crawford Co. I did find his wife, Matilda Jamison, head of household, age 50 born TN, and with her are Elizabeth age 24 born MO and Furman Jamison, age 21 born MO.
So right now I don't have any additional information on the parents of Ruth Edgar, when and where born, or when and where she married Thomas Jamison. According to her age range on the 1820 census, she is to old to be a daughter of William and Purmelia Ewing Edgar, they were married June 22, 1789, according to the marriage bond/records posted at Bedford Co., VA usgenweb.com site. She "may" be the daugther of John and sister to Agness Edgar Jamison, this info only appears in internet family trees, but no one has any supporting evidence. So this needs a lot more work.
Isaac W Jamison did marry a daughter of William and Permelia Ewing Edgar. Polly Edgar married Isaac W Jamison on Feb 16, 1815 in Christian Co., KY. "d. of William...John Edgar" as found at genealogy.com KY Marriages. MY personal thoughts are, "daughter of William, surety by John Edgar" if I only knew which John Edgar, the father or the brother of William Edgar.
Interesting I found Isaac W Jamison on a petition for MO statehood that was presented to Congress January 1818 from the inhabitants of the territory of MO. as found in the History of MO., chapter 29, pages 243, 244. Leads me to believe that Issac arrived in MO before Thomas Jamison did.
Lastly, whew!, Pamelia Edgar that married John Jamison in Washington Co., MO Jan 27 1825, is the sister to Polly Edgar that married Isaac Jamison, and both are the daughters of William & Purmelia Ewing Edgar. On the 1830 census for Washington Co., MO, living next door to William Edgar is the very young family of John "Jimmerson", and next to John is James "Jimmerson", older male, worth looking into, he has some children, but I don't think a wife. I did see some probate records in the 1830s regarding John and Pamelia Jamison, Isaac Jamison is involved and so is George Edgar (he could be a brother, cousin or uncle to Pamelia Edgar Jamison). I do have the children of Robert and George, it appears that George was married more than once?, if you don't have them. Can't help but wonder who the other children are, 1 additional son and 1 daughter, of Thomas and Ruth Edgar Jamison.
I will keep looking, and I will let you know if anything pops up regarding the Edgar/Jamison families of Botetourt Co., VA. In the next few days I will be posting this Edgar info, regarding Botetourt Co., VA to genforum.com under the EDGAR surname. Thanks for all of your help, if the Edgars could get as organized as the Jamison researchers, life would be wonderful!! lol Sharon Edgar
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions