Search for content in message boards

1900 IT Census township conversion

1900 IT Census township conversion

Sherry Green Snethen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2005 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GREEN, LOWRY, BLEVINS, MINNICK,BROWN,JONES
How can I locate TW4 N Rg 6 E ED 120 on 1900 IT Chickasaw Nation Census conversion to present day?
Sherry
snethen@sstelco.com

Re: 1900 IT Census township conversion

Maggie Wettengel (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2005 3:28AM GMT
I believe township 4N range 6E is in north central Pontotoc county. Some of the town names I saw were Colbert, Oakman, Hird, Homer, Della. If you would like to look at the map, On your internet search type in OKGenWeb. Oklahoma Genealogy Web will come up and enter it. On the first page, scroll down and on the lower right side you will see MAPS N MORE, enter it. At the top of the page in the boxes you will see OK Townships, enter it. Then go into Township grid and on the map click on Pontotoc county. I hope you can follow this, if not email me and I will help you more.

Re: 1900 IT Census township conversion

Steve Dillard (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2005 2:27PM GMT
In addition to Maggie's excellent suggestion about checking the OKGenWeb site for Maps N More and the Township Grid link, I would add a suggestion. I have found that this link, which leads you to an interactive map of Oklahoma Counties, does not yet have all the links updated. For example, if you click on Carter County on this map you will go to a site which has a message that the information is still under construction. In fact, the township grid data is available, but you have to access it from another link.

When you access the Maps N More site on OKGenWeb, scroll down the page to All County Links, and enter it. Select the county of interest and then click on the Township link in the section of the page labeled Oklahoma Department of Transportation Maps. This will take you to a grid of all the townships and ranges within that county. In addition, you could also click on the link entitled Town Links from the All County Links page and be able to see most Oklahoma towns within that particular county and where they are located on the township map.

Also, a good website to access if you would like to get a tutorial on legal land descriptions is Vikki Gray's site located at: http://www.ghostseekers.com/Landtutorial.htm

There is also a link on the OKGenWeb Maps N More site which addresses Land Descriptions for Oklahoma.

Re: 1900 IT Census township conversion + HART ???

Posted: 20 Jan 2006 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: HART
you can find a town locator at this web address
http://www.rootsweb.com/~okgenweb/locatetown.htm

Looking for HART brothers who were all married and living in the Chickasaw Nation 1900:
Walter born Apr 1857 MS
John G born Dec 1860 TX
Robert born 1869 TX
Thomas born 1870 TX
George L born May 1875 TX

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions