Search for content in message boards

Thomas Workman

Thomas Workman

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Workman, Cornwell
My aunt's father was Thomas Workman. He was born and buried in Kentucky. He served in WWI in the European front. He was married to Jettie Cornwell Workman. They got married in either 1921 or 1922. He was shot in Ceredo, WV we believe. This is all we know. If anyone can help, we would like to know more before my aunt passes.

Re: Thomas Workman

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: Workman
Steven Thomas Workman – WWI Draft Reg. Card
12 September 1918
Born: 18 March 1880 Ky
Relative: Mrs. Manerva Workman
Residence: 619 Maryland Avenue, Charleston, WV
Height: Medium; Build: Slender
Hair: Brown; Eyes: Brown

Death Certificate:
Name: S. T. Workman
Birth Date: abt 1879 (18 March 1880 per Draft Card)
Death Date: 31 December 1922
Death Age: 43 years 9 months 13 days
“Shot and killed by Charles B. Smith at Ceredo, Wayne County, West Virginia. Taken to hospital in Huntington Hospital, Cabell County where he died the next day. Shot on the 30th Dec.”
Burial was in Bear Creek Cemetery, Kentucky.

From 1880 Census, Thomas Workman’s siblings were James H., Genrah B., Luera F., Harmon, John, and Charity.

1880 Twin Branches, Lawrence, Kentucky
Father: Harmon Workman (1842-1900)
Mother: Sarah Jane Cains (1842-1925)

Re: Thomas Workman

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Cornwell
Thank you so much for this information. My aunt is Thomasine Workman Clark. She was born on July 1, 1923 will be 90 years old in July. Her mother was Jettie Cornwell Workman Estep and was Steven Thomas Workman's second wife. My aunt knew that her father was shot and killed in Ceredo while her mother was pregnant with her. She knew very little about him.She eventually went to live with her Aunt Fannie Workman. The siblings of this Steven Thomas workman match with the aunts and uncles that she does remember. How are you related. i looked at the workman tree, but I am knew to this and can't always put the info. together. Thank you once again for your response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic