Search for content in message boards

Trousdale

Trousdale

Posted: 28 May 2012 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I don't know where to start. I recovered photos from Nashville (Davidson Co.) and Columbia (Maury Co) TN of the following people

Elizabeth Wright taken June 12 1919 in Columbia age 1 yr 11 mo.

Dave (David) and Charlie (Charles) Trousdale of Columbia TN

John and Wille Bell of Nashville TN

Stella Maxwell Jones Columbia TN

Mr. Bryant Lewisburg TN

And some misc family pictures take at C.S Judd studios in Columbia. They were all together in a box. Trying to find their families. Don't even know where to start. I do genealogy and just got them today. I'll try to do a little more research.

Janean at jray38@neo.rr.com

Re: Trousdale

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 1:13AM GMT
I had some questions for you regarding your request below. I wonder if you had checked out the census data on Ancestry.com or another census search engine.

Also need to know if the people you're looking for are black, white, hispanic, etc. I am assuming they are white but wanted to be sure.

I did find the Trousdale brothers (if they were white). Does the pic you have of them have any kind of date? I found them on the 1880 census (Charlie was 11 and David 8), 1900, and 1930. I believe I found Charlie's death on 30 Jul 1948 in Maury County. He was born 20 Oct 1868.

The SSDI says that David died in October 1964. Born on 28 Jan 1872. Funny, that's my birthday, 28 Jan. David married Clara May Freedman on 15 Jan 1919.

William Trousdale was a Governor of Tennessee. But I think he was from Sumner County though. Not sure if he's related to Charlie and David but it might be worth researching. I found that on the Tombstone Inscriptions and Manuscripts of the TN Records on Ancestry.

Stella Maxwell Jones - Born 11 Dec 1867 Died 10 Apr 1951.
Death Place: Maury, Tennessee
Father's Name: David S Maxwell
Mother's Name: Derinda Amis

As for Mr. Bryant, without a year of birth or first name, I can't help you.

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 8:28PM GMT
I hadn't done much checking out of anything yet. I have a hard enough time doing my own genealogy and I don't have an Ancestry account. They are white. There are no dates on any of the pictures except the one of little Elizabeth Wright in 1919. All the other pictures appear to be consistent with ones I've seen from the Civil War to the turn of the century with my guess being 1890 period.
Attachments:

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 10:18PM GMT
I'm sorry this took so long to answer. It sounds like I have found the information you needed. I guess the only thing is to back it up the info I gave you. There are some genealogical sites. I use rootsweb.com. they seem to have people who can look for stuff for you also.

Just go to the tnmaury section.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions