Search for content in message boards

Millertown, Williamson County, Texas

Millertown, Williamson County, Texas

Posted: 30 Oct 2004 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2006 9:09PM GMT
Anyone who knows where this town was located. Thanks.

Re: Millertown, Williamson County, Texas

Posted: 3 Nov 2004 5:13AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 2:35AM GMT
Dick,

I looked in The Land of Good Water, and there is no mention of Millertown. There was a Miller School that consolidated with Liberty Hill in 1949.

Good luck,
Pam

Posted: 4 Nov 2004 2:41AM GMT
Thanks, Pam. Millertown was very close to Liberty Hill, so the Liberty School is most likely the spot. Good hunting.

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 6 Dec 2005 6:02PM GMT
I'm guessing you mean Miller Community. From "The Handbook of Texas Online".... "The Miller Community, also known as Jenks Branch, was five miles southeast of Liberty Hill in western Williamson County. It was established by Milas, Richard, and Nelson Miller, brothers who moved to Texas from South Carolina soon after the Civil War." There's more from that source, and Miller is also on the map included with "Land of Good Water"

Posted: 1 Jan 2005 10:11PM GMT
Thank you. This is no doubt what I am looking for.

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 6:29PM GMT
There is also a Miller Cemetary along CR 279 (Baddad Road) located in now the City of Leander limits. It is accross from Live Oak Road. A small private cemetary i am told is a black cemetary. The Miller family were freed slaves that lived in the area and i am not sure where the homestead was but near Jenks Branch. Jenks Branch was also a location of church meetings and camping along he San Gabriel River. Jenks Branch can be found on MapQuest.
I live down the road and have always wanted to see the graves stones there. Will report if the Miller Brothers lay to rest there?

Alynette

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 6:26PM GMT
Alynette,

I'm really curious if the location of the church meetings is still accessible, I live in Austin. Could you send me an email at joel at harpsoft dot com?

Thanks,
Joel

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 1:40PM GMT
This is my cousin's family. I think that is is awesome that you all have an interest in this rich history.

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 1:44PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions