Search for content in message boards

hess web sites

hess web sites

Posted: 6 May 2002 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Dec 2004 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: hess
my e mail is heidigdsshess@aol.com anyone with a hess website could i be invited? i cant find any of my dads family but i know they are out there!

Re: hess web sites

Frank Hess (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2002 3:25AM GMT
Heidi,

Can you supply me with some info on what you do know about your father's Hess family. I have access to a large amount of Hess info. We do not have a web site but there is a group of Hess's who work together on the Hess Family that descends from Hans Hess (1683-1733) and who came from Switzerland to Lancaster County, PA. in 1717.

Frank Hess

Posted: 10 May 2002 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2004 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: HESS
MY FATHERS NAME IS ROBERT BRUCE HESS SR.
HE HAS ONE BROTHER BERRY HESS
THIER FATHER WAS BERRY ROBERT HESS JR. BORN 3/23/1923 IN WEST VIRGINIA DIED 12-1986 IN NORTH CAROLINA
MOTHERS NAME MARY KATHERINE
MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS BERRY ROBERT HESS SR BORN 6/24/1893
HIS WIFES NAME IS ANNIE MAE HALL? BORN 3-7-1900 IN SALEM
BERRY ROBERT SR AND ANNIE MAE HAD 6 KIDS
DO NOT KNOW THE ORDER BUT THEIR NAMES ARE
BERRY ROBERT JR
JESSE WAYNE HESS
EVELYN HESS MARRIED TO HOBERT TIBBS
OPAL HESS
INEZ HESS MARRIED JACK LAWRENCE
MILDRED HESS MARRIED DAN KULICK
SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ARE STILL ALIVE BUT I DONT KNOW THEM. IF YOU KNOW ANY OF THEM OR YOU ARE ONE OF THEM YOU HAVE FAMILY IN CALIFORNIA!!!

M. J. Barber (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2002 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: HESS, JAMES, CRANDALL, MAXSON
Dear Mr. Hess--

You interest me exceedingly with your telling of a group researching the descendants of a Swiss emigrant to Pennsylvania whose surname was HESS.

One of my 4x great-grandfathers was one David HESS who, according to his daughter Rebecca (HESS) CRANDALL's responses to the enumerator in the 1880 Federal census, was born in Pennsylvania. According to Walter LeRoy Brown's "The Maxson Family" (Rebecca [HESS] CRANDALL's eldest daughter, Nancy Ann, married a MAXSON) the family was Swiss. (Of course Mr. Brown thought the connection to Switzerland was much closer - he wrote in his book that David had been *born* there - but he may well have been mistaken.) According to information I've received from a Fulton County, Illinois, researcher, both David and his wife Nancy Ann (nee JAMES, according to Walter LeRoy Brown) are buried in Wiley Cemetery, Deerfield Township, Fulton County, Illinois. David died 24 January 1849 at the age of 75 years and 11 months, which would put his birth in February of 1773. Nancy Ann died 10 December 1859 at the age of 75 years, 2 months and five days, which puts *her* birth on 5 October 1784. Rebecca (HESS) CRANDALL stated in 1880 that her mother had been born in Maryland.

Does any of the above sound familiar to you? Feel free to share it with the circle of HESS researchers you mentioned - maybe it will ring some bells for them. Get back to me if it does sound familiar to any of you, please - this branch is (or rather, I should say, *was*) one of my "brick walls."

Thank you very much and, if anyone is interested, I can at least share some information on Rebecca and Nancy's descendants.

Hoping to hear from you soon I remain,

Yours very truly,

M. J. Barber
s

Frank Hess (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2002 12:10AM GMT
M.J. Barber,

Sorry to report that this does not look familiar to anything I have. I will pass this onto the another person in the Hess group to see if they can make any connections to your Hess's. As for the Hess's I am descended from it was a Hans Hess (1683-1733) who came here to PA (now Lancaster County) about 1717.

If your David Hess was from Switzerland it appears he came well after Hans Hess had. If that info about him being from Swizterland in not correct then maybe there is a possibility. There were some Hess's (several generations later from Han's) that did move and settle in the Midwest. I'll see what we can find out.

Frank Hess

M. J. Barber (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2002 2:23AM GMT
Surnames: HESS, CRANDALL, MAXSON
Frank--

Thank you for your prompt response to my posting. Too bad that my information didn't look familiar to you, but I live in hope that it may look familiar to another of the HESS researchers you know. Did my posting include my e-mail address? If it didn't, it's barberlighthouse2@juno.com. I think what happened is that some member of the family told Walter LeRoy Brown "Oh, we're of Swiss ancestry through Nancy (CRANDALL) MAXSON's grandfather David HESS," which Walter interpreted (and wrote down in his book) as meaning that David himself was Swiss. I'm *much* more inclined to believe his daughter Rebecca (HESS) CRANDALL's response to the Federal census enumerator in 1880 that her father was born in Pennsylvania - possibly of Swiss *ancestry,* but American-born.

Thank you again!

M. J.

Posted: 24 May 2002 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: hess, Huszar, trybula, Cubberly, martell
Hi frank- I was hoping maybe you could be of some help or someone in your hess groups!! I'm Looking for info on my grandfathers family his name was Bobbie R (ray??) Hess and his father was Edward August Hess. Edward married Mary Martell they had 4 daughters and 1 son a who is Edward they lived in Michigan around Niles. I have no other info on any one else i'm hoping to find some information this side of the family is very hard to look into. My grandmother and grandfather seperated when my mother was very young and there was no connections with any of them,
Hope you can help
Stephanie please e-mail me sheim92532@aol.com

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 6:25PM GMT
Mr. Hess:

I'm looking for information on Millard A. Hess m. Jane Lentz; Walter M.L. Hess m. Mary Bentzel. Any help would be appreciated.

Frank Hess (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2002 7:03PM GMT
Deborah,

Any idea on dates and location of where they lived?

Frank Hess

Deborah Hess (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2002 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Hess
Walter Hess, dob: Aug 6, 1880 m. 1903 to Mary Bentzel, dob: May 5, 1887. I have no dates on Millard or Jane.

Walter died 1/17/65 in Philadelphia I believe, but I know that they lived in various spots of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia.

Thanks for your time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic