Search for content in message boards

Have to cut/paste links, clicking isn't working

Have to cut/paste links, clicking isn't working

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 3:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone else having any problems clicking links in search results pages? It's been happening for me for a while (a few weeks) and I keep forgetting to post about it because I haven't been on very often recently.

All links while on a profile page or tree page work, but once I do a search clicking on something will only sometimes have any effect.

For example, through the profile page I click on "Search Records" and the search results page opens as usual. However, when I click on any of the results, or the "edit search" button, nothing happens. The pointer turns into a hand when I'm hovering over a link, and when I right click over the link I can click on "open link in a new tab" or copy and paste the link result and "paste and go" with no problem.

I also need to do this in order to view the actual record when I get to that part of the process.

I know it is not my mouse, as I have switched out for different ones, and it only (and always) happens while trying to click a result link or record link. I can click on non-link parts of the same page and my mouse works properly, so I know it is truly a problem with the links.

Any ideas before I contact Ancestry.Com directly to see if they can assist?
Thanks

Re: Have to cut/paste links, clicking isn't working

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 3:14AM GMT
I think this is related to the general problem ancestry has been having with their servers being slow.

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 3:34AM GMT
I guess it could be, however I can cut and paste or open link in a new tab and it opens instantly.

It's very frustrating and has been so consistent that I am surprised others haven't experienced it and/or posted about it.

Well, I'll wait and see I guess. Thanks for replying though!

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 1:36PM GMT
I have not had the problem, but there is another thread where someone mentioned she could not click on links from the profile page: http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.membertree.member...

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 2:58PM GMT
Thanks. I hadn't found anything when I searched the boards.

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 3:04PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2013 3:06PM GMT
The boards have not been indexed in a while - another of the things that is not working as promised. See this thread for more info http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?o=50&m=13040.12.2...

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 5:25PM GMT
I've had the same problem on and off for a week or so. Sometimes reloading (several times) helps, sometimes not. Like you, opening in a new tab works.

Re: still can't click

Posted: 5 Dec 2013 4:00AM GMT
I have been having this problem and just saw your posts from October, now it's December!!! come on ancestry.com, we're paying good money for lousy service.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions