Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on Charles E Taylor/Faumui family

Looking for info on Charles E Taylor/Faumui family

Posted: 13 Apr 2011 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey, my name's Jace Taylor. I'm looking for information on Charles E. Taylor. He married a lady named Emma Wolfgramm. If anyone has any information on him, I would like to hear about it. I was just making my family tree on here and I don't have any idea who is parents are.

Oh, and if anyone knows about the Faumui family line, my great grandmother was Nive Faumui, but that's as far as I can get for her side.

Thanks,
Jace
jacer977@hotmail.com

Re: Looking for info on Charles E Taylor/Faumui family

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 6:18PM GMT
There is information about the Taylors in the 1907 Cyclopedia of Samoa, with at least one photo, but I do not have my copy with me at present. I will contact you later

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR
Talofa Jace:

Charles E. TAYLOR - NO FINDINGS per your message.

Per FamilySearch:

Parents:
Father: Thos Rich. Heywood TAYLOR Family
Mother: Amelia (-?-)

Charles Thomas Taylor
Birth: 05 AUG 1871(1869) Motoatua,Upolu,Western, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Death: 05 AUG 1911 Tufuiopa,Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands

REMEMBER: All data listed by FamilySearch are GUIDELINES to your research on your ancestors.

Any info within parentheses are reference points for me;if you need to know, please just ask.

Manuia,
--Manaia
[manaiaalofa@yahoo.com]

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: TAYLOR, TIMAIO, WOLFGRAM
Charles Thomas Taylor
Birth: 05 AUG 1871(1869) Motoatua,Upolu,Western, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Death: 05 AUG 1911 Tufuiopa,Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands

Marriage:
Wife
Tipesa Timaio
Birth: About 1876 Sapapalii,Savaii, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Marriage: 1896 Sapapalii,Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Wife
Emma WOLFGRAM
Birth: About 1880 Koloa,Vavau, , Tonga, Pacific Islands
Marriage: About 1904 , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Death: 14 MAY 1964
REMEMBER: All data listed by FamilySearch are GUIDELINES to your research on your ancestors.

If you need info re children, please let me know.

Manuia,
--Manaia
[manaiaalofa@yahoo.com]

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: TAYLOR
Per FamilySearch:

Parents:
Father: Thos Rich. Heywood TAYLOR Family
Mother: Amelia (-?-)

If you have Charles' parents' full names let me know, otherwise I will continue to search for Amelia's maiden name.

Manuia,
--Manaia
[manaiaalofa@yahoo.com]

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 6:03AM GMT
Hi my name is Vic Godinet. I believe that Charles Taylor was my grt,grt grandfather. My grandmother Henrietta Godinet nee Taylor was his daughter. I believe he had many children.I would appreciate any info re him and his family . I started out researching the Godinet family and have discoverd connections all over the world. Charles 's father Thomas also started a family in Nelson NZ in the late 1800/s.
cheers Vic Godinet

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor and Faumui
Hello Jace and to all. My name is Lora Taylor and my great grandfather is Charles Edward Taylor. My grandfather Nicholas "Nimo" Taylor was his son from Emma Wolfgramm. They had only two children, Nimo and Eva King nee Taylor. Grandpa Nimo married Nive Faumui from Fagaloa whose parents were Eneliko Faumui and Kalala ? (I forget her last name). Grt. grandma Kalala was from the Falefa village. Nimo and Aunty Eva however had half siblings from their dad (grt. grandpa Charles)...i remember an Aunty Jane (Sieni) who married a Ah-Mu, an Aunty Ietta, who I'm assuming is Vic's grandmother, and I heard that their was a half brother name Tapu..?? I need to talk to my dad again. Grandma Nive had only two other siblings....Aunty Ake and Uncle Sefo. They both migrated to NZ and they have both passed (2009). Aunty Ake's children, grandchildren and grt. grandchildren reside in NZ and Australia and some in Western Samoa and Utah, USA. Uncle Sefo was never able to marry and has no children of his own.

Hope this is helpful =)

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 3:49AM GMT
According to the Cyclopedia of Samoa 1907, Charles Edward Taylor, the Government Interpreter in the Samoan High Court, was born in Matautu, Upolu, on 8 May 1871. He was adopted by Mr J E Alford. No names for true parents given.
In 1886 he was the interpreter for the British Consulate.
He taught Robert Louis Stevenson Samoan, and was referred to by RLS as "Charlie Taylor- the sesquipedalian young half-caste".ie someone prone to using big words. There is a photo of him in HJ Moors' book With Stevenson in Samoa.

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 4:02AM GMT
Thomas Richard Heywood Taylor was registered as a British Citizen in Samoa on Aug 27 1898. He had been born in Liverpool and was aged 47. He was a shipwright and boatbuilder in Apia.
No mention of Charles Taylor or J E Alford.

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 5:32AM GMT
Thomas Taylor was the father of Charles Taylor. Due to some scandal Thomas had to leave Samoa and went to NZ. He raised a family in Nelson. I have a photo given to me by a descendant of that family.It shows Charles and two of his daughters.( My grandmother 'Henrietta' and her sister Jane-- they would have been aged about 5-7 years old. Along with members of Thomas's family. They would have been Charles half siblings). The person who sent me the photo also identified Charles as the interpreter for RLS and also stated that Thomas Edward was from Liverpool England and was also a shipbuilder. Thomas also left this family and returned to Samoa in the late 1800--- early 1900's. Apparently when Thomas went to NZ Charles was adopted by a German family, sent to europe for his education and then returned to Samoa. He seems top be an interesting character who had a lot of children to many different woman.His father Thomas seems to have disappeared once he returned to Samoa.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions