Search for content in message boards

James to David & Agnes Bradford

James to David & Agnes Bradford

Rebecca J. Markley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Bradford
I am seeking information on the ancestors of James Bradford died Dec. 26,1788. Wife ?. James was the father of David Bradford (whose history is well known in the Whiskey Rebellion/Insurrection of 1794 in SouthWestern PA) James B. is also father of Agnes Bradford w/o Hon. John McDowell. Agnes Bradford married John McDowell in Elizabethtown, NJ. They then lived in Peach Bottom, York Co.,PA for several years. The McDowells, Bradfords, Allisons, and Scott families together emigrated west of the mountains in 1773 and settled in Washington Co. I have found where James Bradford also lived in Greene Co.(next to Washington County) James Bradford was my 6th ggrandfather and his daughter Agnes was my ggrandmother. I have recently received information that has led me to believe that James Bradford was a descendent of Gov. William Bradford of Plymouth and the Mayflower. I have been unable to uncover any information concerning the several generations inbetween. Does anyone have any information that would help me out concerning these NJ to PA Bradfords? Thanks so much. Rebecca

James Bradford Sr & Jr

Kathy Cox (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bradford, Allison, McDowell, Gibson, Porter
Rebecca, I am a descedant of James Bradford (Jr) brother to your Agnes married to Hon. John McDowell. Have not found direct connect to Mayflower Bradford the Gov. Willing to share what info I have on our James of NJ > PA.

James Bradford (Keith)

Posted: 25 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: BRADFORD
Keith, I think I may have some information to help you. As soon as I check through my files, I will post or e-mail you. Feel free to contact me by e-mail; Nancy2189@aol.com
Nancy

James Bradford

Posted: 25 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:22PM GMT
I see that there is a James Bradford born 3/24/1688 or 1689 that is son of Thomas, who is son of Gov. William Bradford. No names of marriages or children. Could this be him? He would have been 100 years old when he died, but it's a possibility. Thought I'd share.

Any info on the link to Kentucky would be appreciated. I have a lead that it may have been Joseph Bradford, son of John Bradford, I believe. Any help out there?

Bradford help (KY)

Posted: 26 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Nancy, you are most gracious...
Thanks for any help you can give me. I see that my wife is listed on a CD (Carissa Gail, but she actually spells it Gayle) with other surnames of Yelton and Rankin. While the names all seem right, it's 80 clams. There must be a similar database out there. I don't want to pay for something that may not even be the right one. I was almost ready to give up. There are so many Bradford's out there, but what an interesting family!
Thanks again. send me an e-mail, if you wish to:
keith.lampkin@sea.siemens.com

Bradford Family of PA

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
I appreciate your response. I was trying some time ago to tie in my James with Gov. Bradford. There was someone else in our area that was related to James son David Bradford who is famous with the Whiskey Rebellion of 1794, that claimed David's father, James was related to Gov. Bradford of the Mayflower. I tried to find the link but was not successful. I have received other emails that show my James ancestoral line going back to Ireland. But nothing beyond that. I do not know what documentation that they have to affirm the Irish ancestry, but two seperate family lines show this James from Ireland, not England as was Gov. William Bradford. I do not have a John Bradford being one of James Sr. sons.
There were 6 Children born:
1>Thomas,
2>Agnes b:1746,m:Hon.John McDowell
3>Mary b:c.1748,m:Hon.James Allison
4>James Jr.b:1752,m:Elizabeth Gibson
5>David,famous in Whiskey Rebellion 1794,m:Eliz.Porter
6>Margaret m1:William Shearer m2:Joseph Guinness.
These are the children I have listed as James and Janet? Bradfords. 3 Sons to carry on the Bradford name, James Jr., Thomas, & David. There was a John Bradford (born to James Jr.& wife Elizabeth Gibson)John was b: March 1791 d: Sept 17, 1881 m: Ann Hamilton. They are buried here in Washington Co.PA. They possibly could have had a Joseph as a son. I don't know beyond the point of James Jr. son John marrying Ann Hamilton. David Bradford does not show a John nor a Joseph among his children. Thomas the son of James Sr. could have had a line down also, he was the son born before my grtgrndmthr Agnes Bradford(above). What years are you concerned with in your search for Joseph? If I run across anything I will get back to you about it. My email is markley@sgi.net let me know and I will file your email address in case I run across something that may be of help. Again, thank you for your reply. Rebecca

Joseph Bradford

Posted: 30 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Well, I was tracing a Joseph Bradford that had the same dates as the Joesp on William's descendant lists.I don't know for sure that it's the same person, nor do I know for sure it was my wife's ancestor. Her father is Robert Kyle Bradford of Florence, KY b.7/1944. His father was Robert Ules(?) Bradford b.@1920. Because of early deaths and divorces, I cannot get names further back than that. You help is appreciated. My wife is Carissa Gayle Bradford b.1966.

James Bradford Sr & Jr

Kathy Cox (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bradford, McDowell, Allison, Gibson, Munce
Matt, I'm very interested in the connection. Please contact me. jackathy@interactive.net

MATT (Bradfords)

Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: BRADFORD, MARSHALL, MARSH
Matt, I would be interested in the information you have on William Bradford. There were many generations of William Bradfords. Interested in knowing if yours connects with my great, great grandfather, William Wesley Bradford.
Nancy2189@aol.com

Mayflower Bradford

Matt Baer (View posts)
Surnames: Bradford, Thiriot
I am a descendant of William Bradford who sailed over on the Mayflower and became the first Govenor of Plymouth Colony. My mother who's surname was Thiriot, is how i am connected. WIlliam is my 11th great grandfather i think. mybe 12th. But that is what i know and if you are interested i can give you our direct relation person by person. I also know of a lady by the surname of Mann, who is also related to WIlliam Bradford.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic