Search for content in message boards

MOORE in 1860 Cass County MO Census

MOORE in 1860 Cass County MO Census

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
In an attempt to find the roots of my John Samuel MOORE I have tried to trace all the KY/VA MOOREs in the Cass County MO 1860 Census. Here is a summary of what I know and don't know. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

1860 Cass County Census:

Sugarcreek Township pg 742... C.F. MOORE
This is Cornelius MOORE m. Nancy WEAVER 18 Jun 1840 Pulaski Co KY. Cornelius is the son of Stephen F. MOORE and his line is from Green Co KY. I *think* I have this family nailed down.

Sugarcreek Township pg 764... Isaac MOORE b. abt 1812 KY with wife Martha A. and children Sarah J., Mary E., Louisa A., July Ann, and Joseph W. I don't know who this is yet or where in KY he came from.

Grand River Township pg 835... George MOORE m. Mary Jane CAMPBELL abt 1840 Garrard Co KY. Who were his parents and/or siblings? Note: George and Mary are the parents of Caroline MOORE, the future Carry (spelled
"Carrie" in 1860 Census) NATION.

Grand River Township pg 836/837... George E. MOORE b. abt 1806 VA with wife Anne M. b. abt 1820 KY and son John S. b. abt 1842 KY. Who are they?

Pleasant Hill pg 912... H.T. MOORE b. abt 1819 KY with wife Nancy H. and children Dulcena, Frank M., Margaret L., and Kate. This is probably Henry T. MOORE and Nancy GRAVES. All I know about them is that they were in Nicholas Co KY abt 1840.

Big Creek Township pg 928... Thomas THOMAS with wife Nancy McCRUTCHEON and mother and father James and Sarah THOMAS. They are from Pendleton Co KY. My John S. MOORE b. 1836-1838 KY was living with them in 1860 as a farmer with no property, but $1640.

Big Creek Township pg 928... Robert MOORE b. abt 1813 KY with (and I *love* this) 34yo wife, 15yo daughter, 13yo son, 11yo son, 9yo son, 7yo daughter. (That's right, no names, all born in KY).

Can anyone add any information about these families? (With the exception of Cornelius and the whole Green Co KY crew).

Hopefully,

Dixie Lee Moore BLAKE
Santa Rosa CA
goldgirl@sonic.net

Re: MOORE in 1860 Cass County MO Census

Linda Doty Walker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2002 5:20AM GMT
Surnames: MOORE GREEN DOTY
Do you know if your Moores born in KY included a Nancy Ann Moore who would have been born 1811-12, in KY, who married a Green by 1832?

I am researching my great great grandparents, Moses Doty and Nancy Ann _______ Green, who were married in 1846. Green was not her maiden name, and I have no idea what it was.

Moses' oldest daughter by his first marriage was Winaford (or Winnafred) Doty, who married William T. Moore in Van Buren (now Cass) county in 1845. William was born in KY. (Winnafred and William went on lead a rather exciting life--after Oregon and California, they went to Argentina and started an agricultural colony. If this is your family, I know others who have researched that branch of the Moore family.)

It recently occured to me that Nancy and Moses may have met through Winnafred and William--they were married the year after Winnie & Wm. Nancy was born in KY, and was in MO by 1832 when her son John Green was born. The Moores were from KY and were also in MO early on, so I wonder if she may have been related to William Moore. Do you know if there was Nancy Ann Moore in
this family who was born around 1810-12?

Thanks!

Re: MOORE in 1860 Cass County MO Census

Posted: 5 Mar 2005 5:31AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
hello, I am related to the Moores that went to Argentina! The Moore, (William Moore) was decended from Robert, Travis, Alexander, Richard, Edward, Richard, and me. Am currently in possession of a book called Colonia Alexandra that details their stay in Argentina. Would be very interested in receiving any all information on Moores that you may have if possible. Thank You James Richard Moore
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions